Sign in to follow this  
Nigelr32

King Hauler build.

Hi all,

I registered on this site about 30 minutes ago and this is my second post already!!

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction with this build.....

KingHauler.jpg

As you can see, I have fitted the roof panel all filled and blended. I have also filled the holes all along the back of the sleeper and the hole in the roof for the aerial. i'm using 2.4Ghz, so won't need the antennae.

I plan to make this into a scale model of a Peterbilt or a Kenworth, but haven't seen anyone else do this. Is there a "How to" on the net somewhere?? I've been modelling for 43 years, so will manage it, but would love to see someone elses methods before I start.

I have a MFC for this kit. I also have a set of motorized support legs, but can't decide whether I should put them on my semi trailer or the 40 foot container trailer I've just ordered? Do the Americans use the three axle container trailers??

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I need to be steered in the right direction.

Thanks in anticipation

Nige

From what I've gathered, you may have trouble with the 2.4ghz radio gear and the MFC. I was gonna do the same but ended up going for a 36 MHz set. Others should be able to say why

In the States, majority of the trucks pull the 40ft box container. I think the 3 axile trailer will be more suited for modern truck and the box container would be for the King.

For the motorized legs, I would based on which of the trailer hides it better. In real life, either of the trailer would have to be manually lower or raise the legs so is a look or convenient decision.

Thanks for all your replies Guys.

That link to the scale 4x4 website will be very useful.

I guessed as much with the trailer situation. I don't recall seeing tri axle trailers in the states??

Thanks again

Nigel

Here in the states they tax by the rubber that wears on the road so a fixed tri axle wouldn't be used much. That's why most of the heavy load trailers have retracting axles or wheel sets to keep the taxes as low as possible