VTRSP1

how to use 2.4Ghz with Tamiya MFU

Hi Berman, simple so long as the lights are not on when you do the remote shut down not an issue. Also I have even left the truck running so as to swap to another truck so I can move it out the way to let me park the current truck in its place. The system is not as grumpy as when I was using it on 40mhz.

It brings on a complete new level when running the trucks on 2.4ghz Spektrum systems! I have had a total of 10 models on a layout all on at one point! Its great when visitors cant work out how and who is running the truck or cars :)

Ant

• Like 1

Thanks mate! :) I know i can do this with the mfc-01, if I switch off the transmitter or do the two trim/two stick shutdown the truck can stay on (without the lights on) and not make a sound but if my mfc-03 doesn't get a signal from a transmitter it flashes its hazards and beeps similar to how a tamiya TEU esc does when it has no signal.

If i can run my 3 rigs off the one radio and leave them all switched on and they can stay dormant and just flick through the model memory to get each one running as above then I am keen to switch.

I love my 4ywd's, but when at a hobby show it is a bit annoying switching off each truck individually and the radio and then picking up the other trucks radio, switching it on and then the corresponding truck :lol:

To me it sounds like it's high time for a MFC that uses more channels. 6 channel radios aren't that expensive anymore.

Tamiya could team up with someone to make a transmitter with dedicated labeled switches for some of the MFU features.

Yes it really makes it fun not having to keep turning off and then switch on the next truck when at a show, just turn them all on at the start and away you go :)

You can actually set the mixes up on the spektrum sets to actually put the lights and such with a flick of a switch. You just have to play around with the mixes which takes the time!!

Awesome news! I will enquire at my LHS about a black dx6 and put some r620 orange rxs in my cart at hobbyking :)

Cheers!

Let me know when you have one, as if you want I can send you the model file I use :) All you have to do then is copy it onto the SD card and import into the tx! and remember all you have to do is take off the back and loosen the ratchet off to get full spring on the throttle :)

Ant