Sign in to follow this  
isthisnametaken

Uploading an avatar picture

Hey all,

First I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere... I search but with no luck. I'm trying to upload an avatar picture, but no matter how small my picture is (i tried a 64x64 JPG that was only 3KB large) I still get this error message:

"The file selected is too large."

What's the trick to uploading an avatar picture successfully? Am I too noob?

Thanks in advance for any help...

I had that very same problem, nothing seemed to be small enough! So, I tried 'Gravatar' and it worked 1st time no problem with the image that I wanted.

You could always try that...

Speaking of which, when I first registered, I had a bunch of avatar pics rejected because they weren't R/C related, but recently I've noticed a lot of avatars that aren't. Has the rule been relaxed or are these users who registered before the rule was put in place?

• Like 1

Speaking of which, when I first registered, I had a bunch of avatar pics rejected because they weren't R/C related, but recently I've noticed a lot of avatars that aren't. Has the rule been relaxed or are these users who registered before the rule was put in place?

+1 I liked the RC related avatar rule. I think it presents better and was a quality that set TC apart from other forums.

Looks like only Gravatar is working at the moment. I don't think there's any way to enforce that since it's a 3rd party...

Well they could ban you till you change it :P . Easy way to enforce it :D . As rules are rules .......