gomesy

BIG BEAR

Hey all,

Just joined this forum, I've been into rc's for a little while now as mainly as a basher with nitro & electric.

Long story short, now I'm the proud owner of a original tamiya big bear that a mate from my work GAVE me 

Everything works fine, but because it's been sitting for so long 2 of the tires are ripped & flat.

I'm in need of some replacement ones. If you can help please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Lorensze

hey , ain't no shame in owning a '' big bear '' .. as mongoose said . its the grandaddy of all monster trucks ..look on ebay for tyres , they pop up ever now and then ..here's my restored bear FOO014.jpg

• Like 1

hey , ain't no shame in owning a '' big bear '' .. as mongoose said . its the grandaddy of all monster trucks ..look on ebay for tyres , they pop up ever now and then ..here's my restored bear FOO014.jpg

wolfdogstinkus, Thanks mate, I didn't know their were x2 different types of big bears.I hope to learn alot about vintage rc on this forum :)Thanks mongoose1983, im stoked with the truck :)))commiedoor, That looks sweet mate ;-)top stuff!

wolfdogstinkus, Thanks mate, I didn't know their were x2 different types of big bears.I hope to learn alot about vintage rc on this forum :)Thanks mongoose1983, im stoked with the truck :)))commiedoor, That looks sweet mate ;-)top stuff!

There's only one type of Big Bear AFAIK, and that's the Marui one. Tamiya never did one.

http://www.tamiyaclu...004134350_1.jpg

- James

The mad bull is bulletproof, great fun and virtually indestructible.

i was thinking about selling/trading them.... might hold on to them now :D :D :D

It' only a basic buggy but with the big wheels, it will go anywhere. I had one for a while, gave it loads of abuse and never broke anything.

• Like 1

It' only a basic buggy but with the big wheels, it will go anywhere. I had one for a while, gave it loads of abuse and never broke anything.

yeah,i should take them out for a bash, its been way too long

p.s looking for a battery stay if anyone can help :D

some pics of my truck

Copy of DSC04869.JPG love this shot :)

my car alarm :PDSC04873.JPG

There is a tutorial on the main site of how to make one. I think?, I will have a look and post the link if I can find it.

Edit to add link.

http://www.tamiyaclu...=113522&id=4190

Thanks Mate :)

post-39824-0-49004900-1339723905_thumb.j

post-39824-0-75618800-1339723997_thumb.j

Hey all,

Just joined this forum, I've been into rc's for a little while now as mainly as a basher with nitro & electric.

Long story short, now I'm the proud owner of a original tamiya big bear that a mate from my work GAVE me 

Everything works fine, but because it's been sitting for so long 2 of the tires are ripped & flat.

I'm in need of some replacement ones. If you can help please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Lorensze

Hey mate, I have a couple of Big Bear tyres somewhere that I'll never use.... not new, but no use to me, as I sent all my BB stuff away a year or two ago. Happy to donate them to the project... what part of Melbourne are you in?

Alex

Hey mate, I have a couple of Big Bear tyres somewhere that I'll never use.... not new, but no use to me, as I sent all my BB stuff away a year or two ago. Happy to donate them to the project... what part of Melbourne are you in?

Alex

Hey Alex,Thanks mate :) im in Mulgrave 3170

hey gomesy , should rename the truck '' BIG DOG '' ... :lol:

HAHA, He's a BIG woosss!