Sign in to follow this  
chrisk5

has any bought from"vintage-tamiya parts"?

hey all just after some feedback in relation to this site, has any body bought from them?

has the delivery been acceptable and a good price compared to other overseas sites.

they have a part that i am after and wanted to get some feedback from the members

Cheers for your time

I'm happy to give a positive feedback straight up. My experience with Vintage-Tamiya Parts has been good price, very good service, pleasant people who actually answer emails promptly and politely and items have been sent immediately :)

yes there is no need to worry they are good all rounders ,ive used them many times and all ways got a1 service :)

Great service and quick postage ... but the pic in the listing was not what I recieved, They left me a message to say everything was packed well .... it was I meant that the packaging of the actual product ( avante ball end covers) was not suitable for a collector ... was in terrible condition which I woouldent have minded if they had shown the correct pic.

Would still use them though, just be 100% that the pic is what you are going to receive.

Thumbs up from me.

He's on here, isn't he? Is his name Myles?

My memory is failing.....must be getting old.....

Myles (Tamiyoman) and his folks. Still out there Tamiyoman ??

Me whateverth... Great company.

I feel bad for them, actually. I was doing a smaller monster truck project, and bought two pairs of white Monster Racer rear wheels off them... and, as it occurred to me later, left them with two pairs of fronts... oops. But, they serviced with a smile all the same.

Myles (Tamiyoman) and his folks. Still out there Tamiyoman ??

Myles, aka tamiyoman, runs vintage-kyosho and [removed] on ebay. Pretty sure vintage-tamiyaparts is someone else here on TC.

I've been happy with the parts I've gotten for my Madcap & Astute projects, however my only critism is their checkout/ording process on their website.

I was about to order a whole load of madcap parts of which was a genuine Madcap body parts set to complete my shelf queen, but when I went to checkout process the postage came to £30 within the UK which was absolutley bonkers so I fired them off a mail. By the time they had responded they had someone snap up the last madcap bodyset, to which I was extremley displeased about and told them with both barrels.

the other thing that confuses me is they also have an ebay store, the store will say they have 5 of something available, the website says 1 available, i want to use the site because the parts and post are cheaper but i need 2 of them

For more than one of anything, just email them;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55839&hl=quantity&st=0

This is something we did that fitted with the site layout, due to the way the site calculates postage we can only list 1 of each item, if you need more than one you can use the contact us option on the bottom of the page and we will arrange things for you.

The second reason for this is it stops the re-sellers swooping in and buying up all the stock of 1 particular item (which im sure you can agree happens a lot, only for it to re-appear 3 days later in their ebay shop at twice the price!).

Cheers

Myles, aka tamiyoman, runs vintage-kyosho and [removed] on ebay. Pretty sure vintage-tamiyaparts is someone else here on TC.

Yep, that someone else is his folks, Peter and Elle.