Wooders28

Which Lipo battery and Charger is best?

I have finally gone brushless,but still running 7.2v NiMH batteries,charging them with a 240/12v Pro peak charger.

I keep looking at going for a 2s or 3s Lipo if it will fit in a DF03 chassis?

With the mine field of Lipo's and chargers available,what is the best to get??

I presume the sky is the limit cost wise,but i just want a good charger,you can have the best cells in the world,but if the charger is not up to the job then the cells wont be the best.

I would like a charger to charge NiMH as well as Lipo and be 240/12v compatable.

From other threads the 2s 'Team Orion Rocket Pack LiPo 4000 IBS 30C' comes highly recomended for the DF03,a bit more than i wanted to spend,but if the cheaper ones are,well,just cheap?

Do i need a discharger,or will the old car headlight bulb be just as good as anything?

Any advice/opinion welcome.

Cheers.

Imax B6 AC charger will do everything you are wanting and more for a very good price.

Be very careful with the dimensions of the LiPo battery you buy though as sizes vary.....a lot.

I bought the Imax B6 AC just recently and I think it is very good value for money considering that it will charge all the common battery types as well as having a very good selection of charging options - charge, discharge, cycle, timers, various rates of charge etc... It's not an entirely intuitive menu system but a little practice will get you what you need no problem.

Sorry, I don't know a great deal about the batteries themselves...

I bought an Imax B6 recently as well, I haven't used it much yet but it looks very full featured. And fairly inexpensive too... just make sure you get the "genuine" Imax one. I've read negative things about the knockoffs.

I too have recently got an IMAX B6 charger, not really self explanatory but there's user guides on YouTube to explain the functions.