Sign in to follow this  
Gazan

Hard Body Paining

Hi folks,

A freind of mine has purchased himself a Re Re Sand Scorcher and does not have the confidence to paint the body himself. He has asked me if I can do it for him but I am not capable of the level of finish he requires. The SS will be a shelf queen so has to look good.

Is there a UK member who would offer their services to paint the body for him? (He could post it to you etc). He will of course pay for all the materials used and the time taken.

Be great to hear from you if you are able to offer this service.

Many thanks

Gary (garyn@post.com)

Not sure who to suggest on this forum but there are bound to be a few people who could do it. If you don't find anyone on TC, you might contact Jon at RCS Graphic Worx http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk He does custom shells for lots of people. I see him posting in RCTech.net often and much of the stuff he posts there is lexan but occasionally there is a hardshell. Good luck.

If your friend ask you to do box art and you are over 15 or 16, I think you can do it and that is with out knowing much about you. Do it for free and get the experience. Get the good yellow tape, quanlity and proper size paint brush for details, know which paint layer goes on first and take your time. If you do muck it up, there is always the brake fluid to do over again. Unless your friend asks for special paint works like flames, skulls, clouds, patterns etc... than you need a pro or one must take some air brushing course before taking on the job. I think your friend asked you, which means you must be a better painter than he is.

If your friend ask you to do box art and you are over 15 or 16, I think you can do it and that is with out knowing much about you. Do it for free and get the experience. Get the good yellow tape, quanlity and proper size paint brush for details, know which paint layer goes on first and take your time. If you do muck it up, there is always the brake fluid to do over again. Unless your friend asks for special paint works like flames, skulls, clouds, patterns etc... than you need a pro or one must take some air brushing course before taking on the job. I think your friend asked you, which means you must be a better painter than he is.

Thanks for the compliment :-). I have already painted my own vingage SS shell and although it came out reasonably well I hated every second of it! I have always disliked cutting out and painting bodies. I love building and restoring the chassis though! The standard of my finish will not be what is required for his shelf queen. He really wants someting close to the XB version really. If I enjoyed doing bodies I could probably acheive a much better standard but that's just the way I am :-D!Thanks Gary

Not sure who to suggest on this forum but there are bound to be a few people who could do it. If you don't find anyone on TC, you might contact Jon at RCS Graphic Worx http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk He does custom shells for lots of people. I see him posting in RCTech.net often and much of the stuff he posts there is lexan but occasionally there is a hardshell. Good luck.

Thanks very much for the link. I'll pass it on!Gary