animamundi

Mixed experience with ebay seller "Jason's Store"

I just want to know how to deal with situation like this.

I bought the item from "Jason's Store" in ebay, he sent me the wrong item, which I open a case with ebay requesting a proper item sent to me.

I have even returned the item back to him with registered/tracking mail, and now he offered refund which didn't even cover my shipping fee that i spent on returning the item. All I am asking is a a proper item sent to me, but after a month, I am still dealing and waiting with his respond, has anyone experience this none-etheical seller (in my book)?

I would recommend the guy. I bought from him before about ten times, maybe more, the last five years, and I have nothing bad to say. Anyway, I can understand your frustration but what was the communication like before you opened the case with eBay? Did he asked to return the item via registered mail? There should be some way to works things out before informing eBay about stuff. Those who purchase and sell stuff internationally know that one month is not too much time. Anyway, I hope you get the correct item soon!

weeeell.... did you contact him first before opening a case against him ?

did he ask for you to send it back ?

..if he didnt , you should have waited till he asked for it back !

most times i found that nearly all sellers will just send you the right item ( except the chineese sellers ! , i havent had any luck there ) provided you didnt stuff up and order the wrong bit .

i have dealt with jr-rc heaps of times and found him to be one of the best in aisa !

yanks sellers have got customer service pretty much down pat ! the number of times i have had a second iten sent cause the first one hadn't arrived with in the time frame only to find good old austpost had stuffed up the delivery of the item .

I don't understand. Any time a seller is incompetent enough to send you the wrong item, then make sure the return shipping goes on them. The idiots for merchants should be penalized here, not you. That's a very firm belief I have. And it's plain and simple.

So I don't understand why there exist so many people who bother to place themselves in a situation where they pay for return shipping.

Truth be told, I was recently in the same situation. In the end, I got the guy to refund the money (actually Ebay did it - guy got his money- my money- and then I got Ebay's money), AND I got the item he mis-sent me, an item I ultimately gifted to a friend, as I did not have to return the item for the refund. I would have preferred however that the sellers weren't so stupid in the first place.

• Like 1

I've bought from him with no problems before. I actually found him really good to deal with. I hope it works out for you and do keep us posted on progress.

I have purchased from Jason on 20 or more occasions. Each time has been faultless BUT on one occasion i emailed an enquiry and didnt get a response.

I cant wait to see how this turns out as in my opinion its how the "problems" get dealt with determines the value of a trader.

Same story with me, had many dealings with this seller and only had 1 item sent incorrectly. After a quick message to him he apologies and sent the correct item and didn't want the incorrect one back (more cost effective for him i guess). Would happily recommend him.

Well, it has been resolved, but that would be the first and last time I would deal with. Since I do drop by Hong Kong once every 2 months.

Result was as below:

1) I sent a request about the issue, waited 2 weeks no respond, I opened a case in eBay with the request of correct item.

2) Got his attention and he offered part refund instead, I communicated that sending the item back to him would cost more then what i already spent and the refund would be 50% back after the requested registered mail with tracking number.

3) Done the above #2 step as requested, did not hear anything back, another 2 weeks pasts, have multiple alerts from eBay that the case will be closed by itself if I don't take my step, either escalate or close the case by myself. I submitted the tracking number and it said item delivered weeks ago.

4) Sadly I have to select the escalate option today, (this morning) 4 hours later case closed and get my refund which is half of my shipping fee back to him.

5) I started with a polite email and mentioned the wrong item, but he responded that, there is no way mistake could happened. In return, I asked if there is any way i can send him picture about the wrong item, while the items were still one left ( a Montero Window) in his store, after 2 days, everything was sold no longer available, he didn't respond to me any other option i can attached an picture to show him prove.

Anyway, lesson learned, I have bought items from him since 2009, never have had issue but this single event really pushed me away, is that because I am currently working in Shanghai, and with the typical assumption that China customers are liar? I am from the States, and have been sent to Shanghai to work on Disney International Assignment.

I am just frustrated and not happy with how things were handles even though it is a $13 USD deal, what bother me is how i have been served.

Enough said, thanks for the respond, and good luck, I am sure this could be a rare case.

Animamundi.

I guess everyone can make a mistake at soem point, all I can say is i've never had an issue with 7 or 8 transactions, my items have been shipped same or next day (more than can be said for most UK internet sellers in my recent experience) and items have arrived within 7 working days, often 3-4 days.

I've never had anything like this happen myself, i have bought approximately 70 items over 3 or so years... i've had one wrong item sent and he replaced it no problems at all

I have been buying from him for Years & never had a problem .

But this year i have & asked you missed this item & bam it's on

it's way . Have had that a few times this year & too times i had

Said that i didn't get this item & never got a response .

SO i asked him again & he responded . This man is busy .

I would recommend him to anyone . One of the best E-Bayers

around , Hands down .

I find if you talk to the person 1st & if you don't get a response

do it again & if you still don't Then do the case . I have had no

problems with big e-bay sellers .

JR-RC NUMBER 1 in my books .

My first three purchases from Jason were not so great; I ordered Buggy Champ lower arms (he sent me one lower and one upper, and took almost a month to send a replacement arm!), the F103 15th Anniversary Kit (the kit damper oil bottle burst, wrecked the manual, but that could have been shipping) and a Skyline GT-R body (no mention of the 'substitute' rear wing).

I was reluctant to buy from him again, even though he could not have been faulted for the F103 and the Skyline body was misinterpretation on my part, but sometimes he had the only parts I needed. I am happy to report that all my purchases from him since have arrived on time and in excellent condition.

So I have also had some mixed experiences, but I would still give him another chance. Hope the problem gets resolved!

Anyway, lesson learned, I have bought items from him since 2009, never have had issue but this single event really pushed me away, is that because I am currently working in Shanghai, and with the typical assumption that China customers are liar? I am from the States, and have been sent to Shanghai to work on Disney International Assignment.

Animamundi.

He keeps tabs on TC forum. I too used to buy from him but no more after an incident. He even locked me out from bidding his stuff. :lol: If he only knew how much I have bought since especially vintage stuff. Now Tamiya did so much re-re, I think is hurting lots of vintage seller like him.

I guess we got rubbed the wrong way and it turns out it was better for me.

Anyway, I am not his only customer, even if you give him a -ive rating, it will likely not effect him too much, but than he is not the only ebay seller/shop. Your money should go to the seller that you want to deal with and treat you like a customer.

You swing by Hong Kong on a regular bases so you know the good prices available for Tamiya stuff.

Hahahahaa gotta laugh... i have dealt with him heaps and really minimal problems... BUT...!! i asked him to change an order once politely and he obliged but he accidently took the wrong item off, I advised and asked him to correct it, and it went downhill fast from there.. I did get ALL the items in the end and I ended up with stuff I didn't want but he acted like an ignorant clown after I had shown him the mistake he made, and now he has BANNED me as well lol... worries me my brother just buys what i want from his store cos lets face it for that market he is the best even though the few mistakes are tolerable usually.. but I agree with some of you that the customer is always right...! I deal in sales and have to suck it every week and even when the customer is wrong the customer is RIGHT...!!! =-P

now he has BANNED me as well lol...

We should take a poll on how many TC member got banned

I for one plus another member I know which makes 3 so far, but I recall there are few more... :lol:

Well received my box from Jason store today

well well, he has sent one item incorrectly, seems very similar to what i have read here.

I have contacted him on Ebay and will keep you updated on his response.

I have asked him to send the item that i requested, i wont be sending back his wrong items unless he foots the shipping cost

We should take a poll on how many TC member got banned

I for one plus another member I know which makes 3 so far, but I recall there are few more... :lol:

Add me to the list. I've purchased $1000's from him and then he didn't ship one $16 part, he gave me a refund then banned me... I didn't even leave negative feedback lol.

So, now he's out another $600 or so that would have gone his way but went to his competitors.

i received a reply today

send back item and i will swap it over!!!!

I replied with, how will you be paying for the postage? awaiting a reply on that!

good luck with getting a reply a reply with help on postage

i am still waiting for a reply from jc rc regarding postage of incorrect items

it is nearing the ebay cut off mark, still no answer

it will cost me more to post them back myself, and still risk the wrong items being sent, otr out of stock

it may be less hassle just to sell the wrong items and re order

have you noticed how he never leaves feedback until he recieves yours ?

he does have good stuff at reasonable prices, so i guess we have to play by his rules

So far only 4 TC member got banned or maybe 6 :lol: , which makes him a good ebayer with the right product and price :unsure: . Kind of reminds me of a soup seller I've heard while in NYC, anyone from NYC may know who I am talking about or correct me, he makes good soup for the value, but if he doesn't like you for whatever reasons or catches you talking while in line he won't sell to you. :blink:

Bottom line is who needs who more.

So far only 4 TC member got banned or maybe 6 :lol: , which makes him a good ebayer with the right product and price :unsure: . Kind of reminds me of a soup seller I've heard while in NYC, anyone from NYC may know who I am talking about or correct me, he makes good soup for the value, but if he doesn't like you for whatever reasons or catches you talking while in line he won't sell to you. :blink:

Bottom line is who needs who more.

Seinfeld. Soup Nazi. 100% Epic.

• Like 1

Been buying stuff off him for years. Only ever had two incorrect items on two seperate occasions and just gave Jason a friendly message via ebay and both items were quickly

replaced no questions asked. Stand up seller and realistic prices.

Honestly though, have you seen how cheap 98% of his products are? He doesn't buy them from himself, relist them for a 200% mark up like some his buyers in the UK do, where is the money to pay for return shipping coming from? He's buying bulk and selling bulk loads. I would rather buy from Jason for a sharp price and have the odd error (even if it wasn't refunded) than pay crackhead prices and "Shipping will be 8.99gpb" just for accepted returns.

There cant be enough JR-RC's in my book ;)

Good luck with getting him to pay postage .

More than likely he will ride out the Paypal dispute and you will not get it in your favour as you recieved an item ,even if its not the correct item paypal are pretty black and white ,No item refund ,Item recieved either send it back at your cost or the dispute is ended in the sellers favour .

Have never had any problems with "J" myself and have purchased my fair share from him .

Stay safe .