animamundi

Mixed experience with ebay seller "Jason's Store"

I've never had any problems with Jason myself. But by any standard he has TERRIBLE communication skills. Typically if I ask about an item, I get no response whatsoever. So IMHO buyer beware. But sometimes you have no other option.

Just made my first purchase, item came very quickly, much cheaper than U.K sellers, it was only a gear-set for the blitzer beetle but a good few pounds cheaper than anyone else.

And I didn't get feedback until I left some.

And I didn't get feedback until I left some.

You won't - a lot of larger sellers use a bulk/automated feedback system - when you leave them a positive the system leaves you one - If you look at feedback left by most large sellers it'll usually be one of four or five different comments. Not sure if they're picked at random or if there's a pattern to 'em though.

Changing stored Feedback comments

Stored Feedback comments save you time because you don't have to type the same comment every time you leave Feedback. You can store up to 10 positive Feedback comments for your buyers. You can only use stored comments when you leave a Positive rating for a buyer. You can add, edit, or delete your stored comments

Your account initially comes with five positive Feedback messages.

• Great communication. A pleasure to do business with.
  • Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.
  • Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++
  • Quick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!!
  • Hope to deal with you again. Thank you

To leave bulk Feedback:

• In the Sold View, check the box next to the listings that you want to leave bulk Feedback
    and click the Feedback.
    To auto-select all of your Sold items, check the box in the heading bar above the list of your sold items.
  • From the Leave Bulk Feedback page, use one of your stored comments or write a custom comment.
  • Once you are satisfied with the comment, click the Leave Feedback .
  • Once your bulk Feedbacks are processed, the Feedback status of the sold listings that successfully received your comments will be updated. Please note that this may take a few minutes.

Automated positive Feedback for buyers

• You can reduce the time you spend leaving Feedback by automatically sending positive Feedback to your buyers.
  • Automatic Feedback will only be left for sold listings that are not archived.
  • You can automatically send Feedback to your buyers and have the option to select between two situations: When the buyer has paid for the item or the buyer has paid for the item and has left you positive Feedback
    • If your buyer has paid for the item, this preference automatically leaves Feedback comments when you mark your sold listings as paid. The Feedback generated will always be positive and will randomly use one of your stored comments.
    • If your buyer has paid for this item and left positive Feedback, this preference will automatically leave Feedback comments for your buyers when you mark your sold listings as paid and the buyer has left you positive Feedback. Again, the Feedback generated will always be positive and will randomly use one of your stored comments.

[*]Once your automated Feedback is processed, the Feedback status for that specific sold listing will be updated. If the Feedback isn't sent to the buyer because of a system failure or because the buyer was suspended, an alert will be generated on the Summary view.

Tip: Because automated Feedback is always positive, it's a good idea to review your stored comments to ensure they are positive before setting this preference.

Two more packages in from Jason this morning - first one large padded envelope with Avante LW wheels and Avante Z parts, second Scorcher Q parts in smaller envelope.

7 and 5 days from sale date to receipt- can't complain at that given they travelled half way round the world !

I have purchased stuff from him with no prolbems.
[/CODE]

Another delivery this week, again 5 working days from purchase to receipt. I notice he's been away for a few days according to his eBay shop but back fully open forbusiness again from tomorrow.

Ive bought loads from him in the past some items arriving in 3 days and a couple of packages too 2 weeks

you can blame some of it on the postal service but the rest who knows.

also got the wrong item from him once but after a few emails I wasnt getting anywhere so just bought part again and received the right part

Today I left negative feedback for the first time on ebay because of Jason's problem with correcting errors. October 3. I ordered parts for USD 315 + 55 shipping. October 11. I recieved a big box of goodies but with 4 missing parts. Normally I recieve what I ordered and in very reasonable time too, but not this time. I contacted him about this and he replied: "Sorry I will send the missing parts. Jason".

So far so good, but after some time and several e-mails he stopped replying. More than 45 days have passed and now I'm not able to get refund through ebay/paypal. I'm not used to this kind of behaviour, so I left him appropriate feedback. I expect him to block me, but I can get what I want elsewhere. He still owns me USD 55 in parts + shipping. It's not the end of the world for me, but I'm dissapointed after spending thousands of USD in his shop over the last 5-6 years.

Very sorry that I can't recommend him any longer. He's just too much of a "soup nazi" as mentioned earlier in this thread :(

• Like 1

Very sorry that I can't recommend him any longer. He's just too much of a "soup nazi" as mentioned earlier in this thread :(

Noooo RRRCCC foorrr youuuuu. Next... :lol: There are lot of good ebay sellers out there who will treat you like a customer, especially if you are a regular.

This seller has an on or off button. You could be buying from him for years and a minor hic up, thought not your fault, you are banned. The funny part is he thinks he is the only RC source in the world that can communicate in English. Google translate will slowly put him out of busines, if he does not change his way of doing business and sent him back home. :)

• Like 2

I must have been real lucky then, I've used him for 5 or 6 years in two different countries and never had a problem - big/2 kits, or small/bruiser windscreen,and loads in between. All packages arrived super quick and always had things I wanted that I couldn't find at any other place, lots at low, low prices.

I must have been real lucky then, I've used him for 5 or 6 years in two different countries and never had a problem - big/2 kits, or small/bruiser windscreen,and loads in between. All packages arrived super quick and always had things I wanted that I couldn't find at any other place, lots at low, low prices.

Yep, I've many large and small purchases without a hitch from JR-RC as well. With the volume he sells though, it's bound to hit a few snags though.

I have never had any issues with Jason earlier, but when he's unable to respond/re-send/refund I don't want to buy from him any more. After spending thousands of dollars in his shop I must say I'm disappointed... I understand that errors occur from time to time, but when a seller starts to ignore his/her costumers instead of solving problems it's "over and out" for me.

Luckily ebay solved this case for me.

Some quotes from ebay's response:

"After reviewing your transaction history and your message to us, I understand that you have not received your items, your Seller is not responding, and it has been 57 days since you purchased these items. I apologize this transaction did not go smoothly and I share in your concern regarding this issue."

"After careful review of your account, I want to thank you for being a valued Member of the eBay Global Buying Community. Your business is very important to us and we hope our resolution of this situation will motivate you to continue your relationship with us.

As a one-time courtesy, we have opened 2 Item Not Received cases on your behalf and we are issuing you a refund of the purchase price plus the original shipping for your items. This courtesy credit is being issued to your original method of payment and will appear in your account no later than 10 days from now."

• Like 2

I wasn't being sarcastic, I think I generally have more than my fair share of bad retail experiences, either bad sellers, faulty products, over charging or all three at once! I seem to send out a vibe that people think they can do what they like to me not just RC related but everywhere. I used to think I was unlucky then paranoid, now I think it is my destiny to kick up the most stick I can when ever it happens! B) It's always good to let people know if you've had a bad retail experience, it might get the seller to buck up their ideas and also prevent others suffering as well, so I'm all for it. If I was ignored I would do exactly the same, in my book the customer is always right, people seem to have it twisted now so the customer is always a sucker, not sure when but it's rare to find good honest sellers so I am very loyal when I do. Looks like he lost a very loyal customer with you so his loss.

• Like 1

I have been buying from JR/RC for the past 5 yrs.

Yes have spent alot there. I have noticed his packing has become sloppy over the last 12 months. Has not sent the right item once. I asked in e bay questions and said he will send the item which he did but only one not the two that i paid for. So i placed another order with him & said add the missing item which he did so but with no communication.

A few of my r/c mates has had a few issues like this and got the items that were missing and banned at the same time!!!!!.

Jason is a Aussie married to a Japanese lady. Has a direct account with Tamiya Factory too. Well this is what I have been told from my mate who is married to Japanease lady here in Australia.

Just annoys me that he sells watches,Dolls,Sunglasses, Tamygotchis & other stuff on his r/c site. Should really have a different site for fashion items.

He was a active member here on the Tamiya Club too so he does look.