Sign in to follow this  
bromvw

CHEAPEST CCO1

I'am after a cheap CC01 kit for a project . Anyone know where i can get a good deal ? Ideally i'd like the lwb ie the VW Touran but the bodys not important as i'll be building a custom Jackal wmik .

Stella are doing the Pajero for £146 shipped, you should be able to sell the body parts easy enough too.

Factor in a customs hit though, I just imported a Wrangler from them and got stung :-(

might be worth a chance but like you i got hit by customs recently .

It's all been said before but you guys having to factor in the possibility of being stung with a hit and miss import tax is just poo.

It's all been said before but you guys having to factor in the possibility of being stung with a hit and miss import tax is just poo.

It is, but better than being hit on everything which is probably where this nanny state is heading !

I've mostly given up on imports from the USA . The risk of duty just makes it too much of a gamble .

bromvw, Modelzone in Crawley last month were still advertising the CC01 Landcruiser kit with lights for £99! Might be worth a call?

I was gonna post that! I went in there yesterday, and they didn't have anything cc-01, not even the display model I've been tempted to buy eveytime I went in there!

MODELZONE :lol: . Have you tried their web site ? Its almost as good as their totally useless store staff . For the love of all things, you can'nt even do a search to locate store stock . Even Argos are better :lol: . Joking apart Modelzone appear to be moving away from stocking Tamiya at all other than paint and static models .

I was gonna post that! I went in there yesterday, and they didn't have anything cc-01, not even the display model I've been tempted to buy eveytime I went in there!

Thats cos I grabbed it last week ^_^ Sorry lupogtiboy but TBH the bodyshell is trimmed & painted so badly its a joke... and the bonnet mounting holes are off centre! Just as well I want it to be a rough trail runner. MZ seem to be turning into a toy shop now rather than models, shelves full of snap fix "kits" and naff RTR cars that I'd be embarressed to give my & 7 year old nephew! The only half decent branch I know of is Croydon, they have a whole basement floor dedicated to real models and their RC section is a little better than most. Holburn use to be good but I havent been there for a few years now.

And yep I agree the website is shameful :blink:

The Eastbourne shop is pretty good too, though a trek to get too, Its quite an old shop, lots of reduced stuff in there too. I agree that MZ is really bad these days, all RTR cheap rubbish they charge a lot for, they don't have a lot of highstreet competition though these days, same as Halfords.

I was put off by the bodyshell, I was hoping it would drop in price a bit more, even though £99 is cheap for a new cc-01! They did have a NIB one day last week, but when I went in on Sunday that was gone too. They only had a Lunchbox, Pumpkin and a rere Holiday Buggy.

We need to BRING BACK BEATTIES!!!!!