jujutsuboy

Best basher for grass

Hey all, am after some opinions and thoughts. In my neck of the woods, most bashing has to be done on grass as there are limited other options. As much as I really like my Lunchbox and Stadium Blitzer, I really want to try something quick, robust and that will run happy on the green stuff, even if it isnt nice and short.

The 2 ideas I have are the Maverick MT Evo S and the Traxxas Monster Jam (not Tamiya I know, but need the right tool for the job)! The Maverick in particular seems a great deal at £185. Any thoughts on these? Or is there any suggestions for the Box/Blitzer?

thanks all!

Non tamiya but the Kyosho Sand Master copes well with most surfaces including glass .Its tall wheels give good ground clearance and grip well .Fit a 13t brushless and its fast enough for anyone.Modelsport have these in stock for £69 as a kit or £109 RTR . . Other than that why not change the tyres on the box / biltzer for some pin spikes - or proline dirt dawgs ?

• Like 1

HPI Savage XS Flux or it's big brother, the HPI Savage Flux HP. The XS is about half the cost of the HP. They're both quick and robust.

-Paul

The Blitzer should work well with some bigger tires on it. My favorite grass runner is a Blackfoot with Pro-Line Mashers on the back. I've also had good luck with a Wild Dagger. Ground clearance and spiky/ big tread tires are what you want for grass.

Interesting on the Blitzer front. I am already running Pro Line Dirt Hawgs/Dawgs (truck on rear, buggy rear on front), is it possible to squeeze in a standard truck size 2.2 onto the narrower front wheel?

hi there i would defo advise against anything maverick, i had both buggy and truggy and both are rubbish for parts.

Best basher for grass...or just for bashing? Someone else RC :lol: Is the grass like your typical lawn grass or tall and unkept type with weeds and all? If lawn grass, I would say buggy type with rear spiked tires and a torquey motor is find; for long grass something big with big tires to push through the grass and few details as the grass will take them off and good luck in finding the parts again..

hi there i would defo advise against anything maverick, i had both buggy and truggy and both are rubbish for parts.

I was wondering if it came under the 'too good to be true' for the money! That is one advantage of traxxas, always easy to get bits!

With respect to the type of grass, the areas I use are maintained, but definately not lawns, effectively similar to parks and the like. I am tempted to really hop up the Blitzer at the moment, just dont want to end up killing the poor thing!

Seriously considering the Savage XS Flux...Tower has it for $297, less a $25 mail-in rebate from HPI, less $30 off coupon from Tower. That's a nice, brushless RTR basher with 2.4gHz for less than $250.

HPI Savage XS Flux or it's big brother, the HPI Savage Flux HP. The XS is about half the cost of the HP. They're both quick and robust.

[media=]

-Paul

Stick some paddles and a 9T BL setup in the ST and, as they say these days, "Job jobbed".

Decision made! The blitzer is to be upgraded. Stage 1 is truck size proline dirt works on route to increase clearance. 13t pinion and 15t motor in. Next is to upgrade rear cups and bones and add dt02 turnbuckles. Then, iif feeling brave, brusless upgrade. :-)

• Like 1

Decision made! The blitzer is to be upgraded. Stage 1 is truck size proline dirt works on route to increase clearance. 13t pinion and 15t motor in. Next is to upgrade rear cups and bones and add dt02 turnbuckles. Then, iif feeling brave, brusless upgrade. :-)

Good Man - if you want any advice just ask . The Blitzer can be made into insane fun - and at a reasonable cost ,.

• Like 2

Hi Jujutsuboy, are those Proline Dirt Works?, that's what I have on my Blitzer Beetle, really good tyres, loads of grip and hard enough not to wear out very quickly even with brushless power, a massive improvement over the stock tyres which wear out with the silver can.

EDIT, I read the post above now so I see they are dirt works, you made a good choice with those tyres.

Well, just ragged the blitzer around the garden. Huge improvement! Now, do I go the whole hog and really hop the blitzer up to create the ultimate (well kind of) tamiya basher!?!?

Well, just ragged the blitzer around the garden. Huge improvement! Now, do I go the whole hog and really hop the blitzer up to create the ultimate (well kind of) tamiya basher!?!?

JUST DO IT lol . Mine is the best tamiya basher i've tried . OK so very little is original and it has being modified a lot but who cares ? Its all about having fun with it and not worrying when something breaks because its cheap to fix and parts are easy to get hold of . It scares the heck out of the Nitro guys too - many of them can'nt match its speed .BTW , Just being working on it in the RC shed getting ready for taking on holiday . Proline slingers fitted on the rear and some old proline groves on the front that are so worn their almost slicks, both sets fitted with orange soft inserts to add some bounce - perfect for the beach . Taking a set of Dirt Dawgs too for bashing around the caravan site .

9T BL setup - Get the cheapest Ezrun you can get your hands on - that's what I'm using and it hasn't failed yet (1½ years on)

You'll love it (-:

9T BL setup - Get the cheapest Ezrun you can get your hands on - that's what I'm using and it hasn't failed yet (1½ years on)

You'll love it (-:

I do love it - 10 foot long wheelies are easy with my 9t Etronix .

Bromvw, what batteries are you using?, because my ezrun 9T struggles to lift the wheels on any of my cars but that is with a 3000mah ni-mh battery, I am waiting for a 7.4 2s lipo and also a 11.1 3s lipo so hopefully that will get the wheels up.

<p>

Bromvw, what batteries are you using?, because my ezrun 9T struggles to lift the wheels on any of my cars but that is with a 3000mah ni-mh battery, I am waiting for a 7.4 2s lipo and also a 11.1 3s lipo so hopefully that will get the wheels up.

Turnigy 20-30 C 2S 5000mAh hard case - loads of power . 3S might be overkill mate

This has turned into a 'we all love our blitzers' thread! How are you getting on with the Etronix system, they seem very good value? I suppose the questions I have before heading off down the brushless route is this; I have a 15t HPI motor at the moment, if I moved over to lipo, would I notice a significant change in performance? ANd if I went the whole brushless hog with lipo, how much quicker would it actually be?

ta

With Paddles, my BB wheelies on sand so hard it's not even fun. Technically, that's a lie, as it's hilarious (-;

Here's my blitzer basher, not lots of mods but a lot of fun, I ended up running a trinity monster motor in this and it went really well and jumped good too :D

e0e8a737.jpg

It's still up the loft somewhere ;)

If you decide to get another truck too the Traxxas Monster Jam trucks/Stampedes are good fun for the money and have fairly good clearance too however my emaxx is my basher of choice at the moment :)