Wandy

58539 Fast Attack Vehicle (Shark)

Wasn't sure whether to just post this in the proper FAV re-re thread but there is a new version coming out, a "Shark" spec. I'm assuming that that this will just be the same model moulded in a navy grey colour? Should be interesting to see it anyway. :)

Info is from tamiyablog.

Tamiya America indicates that the car will have a new paint scheme "that is reminiscent of WWII-era American warplanes." They mentioned "shark mouth and air force star markings."

A very interesting take which may encourage elaborate decals or paint ideas since those old fighter aircraft sometimes sported some colourful nose art:

shangrilanoseart.jpg

Link: https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=57842

Looks good pics on tamiya usa in coming soon section no hot linking allowed, its still a kit to it says. Nice shark teeth down the side hehe!

Good to hear there could still be a kit release. I do like the new paint and the driver and I sharing names (a sign to buy one, maybe?).

I like it! Just as nice as the original livery IMO. I wonder if that is a grey plastic chassis or if you have to paint it?

tamiya-fav-shark-58539.jpg

tamiya-fav-shark-58539-2.jpg

I imagine it will be grey plastic.

I like the FAV, but I'm not sure about the 'shark' concept. Grey / silver may work on Battleships or on WWII War Birds, but on a land based attack vehicle??? :huh:

I imagine it will be grey plastic.

I like the FAV, but I'm not sure about the 'shark' concept. Grey / silver may work on Battleships or on WWII War Birds, but on a land based attack vehicle??? :huh:

+1 TO THAT. Its not working for me either .

Makes me think of the old Saturday Night Live "Land Shark" skits... :)

I like it, but the lights should be back in the Wild One's location so the "eyes" are in the proper place.

+1 TO THAT. Its not working for me either .

I am not digging it also.... looks like if they made it all silver gray and made it a normal buggy with normal driver it may have looked better?

I think they would be better off releasing the Wild Willy FAV Sand Scorcher variant... ;)

The color change and sticker set is not different enough for me...

Since I don't have the tan one this appeals to me as a future purchase

With all the built forum for re-re's I sure like to get the FAV too, but just cannot. Sure is great for those of you that got into Tamiya older stuff for the last few years. You get to enjoy without forking out big bucks. Some how hard plastic body is more attractive than polycarbon.

I like it, it will go well with my True Heros AB-115 Shark yes this is what it's called.

6068276451_feb8c8f507.jpg

left plane looks like "Al Loft" from Pixar Cars ;)

and the other... "Flying High" ?

left plane looks like "Al Loft" from Pixar Cars ;)

and the other... "Flying High" ?

Willy, you mean this?

6724661759_3f107a72e7.jpg

Or it can be GI Joe like this one that I painted chrome

6779886425_bcec3af737.jpg

Another version of the fast attack. Mostly same features except for the shark mouth..:-)

[Topics merged]

shark.jpg

Perhaps the designers were inspired by this? :P

2012-Morgan-3-Wheeler-rear-side-view-e1324233550222.jpg

Morgan? Very nice...

Recalling the discussion about the various colour editions of the Buggy Champ: I wonder if it really is grey plastic or just colouring.

Anyone got one yet? Keen to know if the plastics are moulded in grey, I'm assuming so

Do they recommend painting the body in the manual? Perhaps the silver plastic is meant to provide a decent backing color for the paint?