Sign in to follow this  
proun

Balance charger adapter: traxxas charger to hyperion battery?

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my first LiPo setup and, not surprisingly, everything didn't work out as expected. I got a Hyperion 3S 11.1v lipo and a Traxxas balance charger. The charger had good reviews and was SO much cheaper than Hyperion chargers. The problem is that the Traxxas charger accepts only a smaller plug than came on my Hyperion battery. Do adapters for this exist? Can I buy a Traxxas plug and solder/otherwise attach it to my Hyperion battery?

I've done a bit of googling in search and haven't found anything helpful. I thought I'd ask incase someone else has run into the same, or a similar, problem.

Thanks!

I found how to do it here

In more detail: I shifted the pins as suggested in one of the images there and then chopped the hyperion plug smaller, et voila! I'm currently carefully monitoring it while it charges, but everything seems to be going ok.

I'm very afraid of LiPo batteries... anytime my leg scrapes against my desk I assume my battery is fizzling and about to explode.

I was going to post that link but you'd already found it in your second post :lol:

I had an issue where I had two hyperion batteries with the polyquest plug and one hyperion charger with both the XH-JST balance adapter and the hyperion one, but

another charger with just a XH-JST balance adapter. I wanted to charge the two batteries at the same time, so moved the balance wires over on both batteries like you did

but instead of cutting the plug to make it shorter I just plug it into the 4s port on both XH-JST balance adapters on both chargers. The hyperion adapter doesn't get used anymore now :)