Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Re-Re-Release of Pajero metaltop Wide Question...

Hey Everyone,

Doe the re-re-release of the Pajero Metaltop wide come with a painted and trimmed body? The description on Towerhobbies.com syas that it does. This factors into my decision to buy it. I don't want a pre-painted body.

Pajero metal top wide has an injection moulded hard plastic polystyrene body. The RTR XB versions come fully assembled and painted. The kit versions needs painting.

Thanks! Tower needs to change their description:

This is the 1/10 scale electric powered, radio controlled, 4WD, RTR,

Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide Off-Road Truck Kit from Tamiya.

FEATURES: Chassis: CC-01, plastic tub construction Drive: Four wheel drive, shaft driven Motor: 540 brushed, with 16T pinion gear Electronic Speed Control: TEU-104BK (TAMM4541) with reverse Shocks: Oil-filled, black plastic construction Body: Injection molded, painted and trimmed, black plastic spare tire cover Gearbox: Front and rear sealed gearbox Differentials: Planetary gear, rear differential may be locked during assembly Transmission: Single speed Tires: Semi-pneumatic all-terrain, rubber construction 1.2" (30mm) wide, 3.5" (90mm) diameter Wheels: ABS plastic, brushed chrome 1" (26mm) wide, 1.9" (48mm) diameter Bumper: Front, plastic construction, black in color Suspension: Front, long stroke double wishbone Rear, four link rigid Camber Tie Rods: Fixed non-adjustable Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis Steering: Bell-crank type with servo saver and adjustable linkage

Description looks right to me. Note it says injection moulded, which tells that the body is hard plastic, and not vacuum formed lexan (polycarbonate).

The title also states that it is the RTR version, which is the XB (Expert built) model, not a kit.

Thanks, but I know that it is injection molded, but the description says it is "painted and trimmed". I don't want it if the body is already painted and trimmed.

The description you posted is for the XB reasy to run version as TAMark pointed out - that is, its already built and painted and ready for use, its not a build yourself kit

Going by the price, they are selling the kit version. Looks like they were just lazy and copied the description from an old listing from the XB version.

Thanks! I thought that is what happened, but wanted to be sure before I bought it.

They re-re-re'd this? I'm so glad I rushed out and bought two of them last time... How's about another round of Boomerangs or something else that I missed out on, instead of this?

Oh well. Back on topic, Tower Hobbies is in no way an authority, especially on Tamiya models. Half their Tamiya kits are miscategorized, and there's nearly always a mistake in the "tech specs" section.