Sign in to follow this  
shenlonco

Motor info anyone use these brushed motors?

looking to buy one of these Ansmann Racing Clash 23 Turn Electric Motor did anyone ever use them?

thought they would be a ggreat hop up over the stock 540 tamiya motors.

If so i am trying to find out what size the motor can is if it's standared tamiya 540 size or the longer size like traxxas titan motors?

Thanks

125000012.jpg

looking to buy one of these Ansmann Racing Clash 23 Turn Electric Motor did anyone ever use them?

thought they would be a ggreat hop up over the stock 540 tamiya motors.

If so i am trying to find out what size the motor can is if it's standared tamiya 540 size or the longer size like traxxas titan motors?

Thanks

125000012.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem ... no, I wouldn't recommend them. If you have a very light car & it has a lot of gearing (pinion size) options & manage to get the gearing bang on to match the very narrow power band then they might be an option, but in general the lack of torque means that regardless of the number of turns, going back to a silvercan is faster. I'm not just repeating recieved wisdom here - I bought several from (IIRC) correctly from 15 to 23 turns, all were pants. There are also reports of them dismantling their internals quite spectactularly ...

I see why they are attractive - they're very cheap after all - but "buy cheap, buy twice" :(

ps they're a normal 540 length.

:)

I've had two of these stop working completely due to getting dust and dirt inside them. I would go for a sport tuned instead of one of these any day...

I have two of them on runner bashers and they've been fine. Compared to the RRP most sellers want for a silver can they are fine for the money, but then maybe I'm lucky with gearing and weight of my cars. No they're not as fast or torquey as a sport tuned but they are a third of the price. I bought mine because just wanted a basic motor, not for an upgrade. Bought like this they are fine , just don't expect much of a performance jump if you buy as a supposed upgrade.

Hi you guy's who had problems with them did you run them on like 3 volts for like 2 hours or more to properly break in the brushes to the motors com if not done like this your motor will not last at all?

I had an 18T in a pumpkin and it was rubbish, I admit it wasn't broken in but the silvercan was better.

Terrible motor`s. Full stop end of story.

I have had a few melt down on me. The rest where filed under B for bin. Allthough I did find a 23 turn in my M-01 mini the other day. Which it was OK in.

Your better off with an Etronix 22 turn, or an Ansmann 21 turn Kenjo drift. The Etronix and the newer Ansmann Launcher range come out of the same factory as each other. And are pretty good budget motor`s. Replaceable brushes, ballraced, adjustable timing. Just take no notice of the Launcher range being advertised as double winds (x2) as they are all single winds!

Terrible motor`s. Full stop end of story.

I have had a few melt down on me. The rest where filed under B for bin. Allthough I did find a 23 turn in my M-01 mini the other day. Which it was OK in.

Your better off with an Etronix 22 turn, or an Ansmann 21 turn Kenjo drift. The Etronix and the newer Ansmann Launcher range come out of the same factory as each other. And are pretty good budget motor`s. Replaceable brushes, ballraced, adjustable timing. Just take no notice of the Launcher range being advertised as double winds (x2) as they are all single winds!

cool if the launcher is single wind, then i can risk a 15t in the dark impact then.

Maybe you are burning them up because to large of pinion gears?

Or maybe this ...hows the magnets on these motors? maybe you can put the 23 turn arm in a stock tamiya silver can maybe it will get more punch if the tamiya cans have stronger magnets?