chrisk5

My finished Super champ restoration

well after months of chasing parts, repairing and painting the body, polishing parts and painting teh driver, i have finally finished teh super champ

This was my first ever car when i was a kid and regretably sold it years ago, only when getting back into RC again and realising the silly mistake i did by selling it.

finally i found one good enough and cheap enough for a restoration

I have two more very minor items to do on it, 1. install an on/off switch, 2. install the tie rod from servo to servo saver, still trying to find one

well here it is and i am happy of how it turned out

imgp1290.jpg

imgp1289u.jpg

imgp1288b.jpg

imgp1287d.jpg

imgp1286h.jpg

imgp1285m.jpg

imgp1283mg.jpg

imgp1282s.jpg

imgp1281i.jpg

• Like 1

I think it looks brilliant mate, nice work. If my Evolution project even goes half as well I'll be a happy man!

That's a good looking SC, and a nice restore job - was it much work from the base you had?

I like the rear-end treatment, I've never owned a SC, is that stock? And what are the cable ties for?

Thanks for the comments, DJMCNZ if you look down a few more post in this Vintage thread you will see progress shots from beginning and after each lot of changes i made through the restoration.

There was a bit to do through the restoration, but that was the fun part of it, repairing bodies, scouring the net for parts, etc so all fun and i am happy of how it turned out.

The rear end is stock, that is how teh original SC came out, very heavy rear end, all alloy. The cable ties only allow the rear end to droop so much,

now for another restoration

Another resto? What classic car do you have in mind this time, Chris?

I have been working on a Sand Scorcher, i have converted it to a full coil over suspension, just need the time to put it together and then paint a body

also i picked up a TRF 414M2 last week, it will be built and put on teh shelf with my TRF 415 MRE MSX edition, it has been retired

still running my 416X and my 417X

imgp1301f.jpg

imgp1300t.jpg