tamiya monkey

Tamiya Chassis Lipo compatibility

That new LiPo from Core RC is more of a bargain than the earlier models, which were getting close to £40.00 with postage. Luckily I managed to find mine on Ebay, brand new, at a much lower price.

As for my Yuki, I paid just under £25.00 for it, with postage from a German trader on Ebay. That seems to be the average price for the Yuki pack. Currently at below £24.00 a stick, including postage, from Racersparadise_DE on Ebay due to the Pound being fairly strong against the Euro right now.

Ps fruitfly, the new core rc has a 12awg lead. My HPI esc only has a 14awg lead mind.

• Like 1

Ps fruitfly, the new core rc has a 12awg lead. My HPI esc only has a 14awg lead mind.

Thanks for that info, I was curious. I can only imagine that thick wires are more useful for power handling, and probably have less impedance.

The Yuki has 10awg, which might be overkill, but it's nice to see them using a thick wire. On some of their other batteries, that use brass connectors, they use a 5mm connection, whereas a lot of other manufacturers use a 4mm plug. Once again, this is for increased power handling, from what little I've read about them.

I don't know how much difference it really makes, or just how important it is.

Just got one of these and it fits EVERY thing I have that is Tamiya. I can even get the battery stays on. Total length: a whopping 127mm. :o

lvnrc5085.jpg

I am ordering several of these right now. Hopefully they hold up well and perform as expected, but ... given the troubles in finding a Lipo that fits so many Tamiya chassis, I'm buying a handful of them.

Taliesin - what brand is the battery and where did you purchase it? The picture isn't showing up in my phone.

Thanks!

Steve

Picture isn't showing up in my browser either! Arrrgh!

Edit, found the coding, this was the image-

lvnrc5085.jpg

The brand is Venom and I got it from Falcon Hobbies for about $33.

I only wish it were more like 25C or better but the 20C rating is probably fine. Now to see how it performs and lasts, although more than half the battle is just finding one that fits.

Thanks guys! I was able to find this battery through Amazon Prime for $32.99 shipped. I guess it's worth trying. I'm tired of having to hack up Tamiya battery compartments for modern LIPO batteries.

Steve

I've not seen this before, but has anyone any experience of this battery;

Hobbyking Link

Looks like it could fit, the description even states that it will fit an M03, M05 and Manta Ray (strange model to reference!)

I'm going to take the plunge I think...

Hobbyking Link

Looks like it could fit, the description even states that it will fit an M03, M05 and Manta Ray (strange model to reference!)

Tried and test a couple of pages back it was. I think it fit's pretty much anything.

Hobbyking Link

The specs say 138mm length, while many Tamiya chassis types only allow up to 134mm.

The specs say 138mm length, while many Tamiya chassis types only allow up to 134mm.

Have a look back in this thread. I have two and they will fit in a DT-01 and WT-01 but you cannot get the keepers on.

I have sorted the WT-01 with a quick release and need to sort a new "door" for the DT.

They are a very tight fit but they do go in with a bit of a push.

I use the above Venom 4000 in my TA02 and it's perfect. I run it with a traxxas xl-5 Esc combo and 12t Titan 550 motor

• Like 1

Hobbyking Link

I have a few of them and they're a bit of an odd shape and as others have said, a bit too long. I had to bore out the battery bay of my TL-01 and Twin Det. chassis' as they don't run through smoothly.

They do however fit a Clod beautifully so mine tend to live in that in the main.

Thanks for the feedback Steve, much appreciated.

On that note I dropped some money on a Yuki Brainergy battery from Germany. I just hope it fits my FAV...

Thanks for the feedback Steve, much appreciated.

On that note I dropped some money on a Yuki Brainergy battery from Germany. I just hope it fits my FAV...

Good shout, that Turnigy one definitely won't fit in a FAV.

I'm tempted by those Yuki ones myself so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Good shout, that Turnigy one definitely won't fit in a FAV.

I'm tempted by those Yuki ones myself so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Arrived today, fits like a glove. I'll get some pictures when my phone has re-charged.

Don't hesitate, get one immediately! Fits better than any of my other LiPos in my TL01 and Wild Dagger too.

• Like 2

Anyone tried these http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-7.4v-30c-3250mah-lipo-sport-track-pack/rc-car-products/379011

according to the comments they fit a Brat just fine.

What do you want to run it in? Just a BRAT? It will be a little long for your DT-01 and you will not need the battery keeper I just sent :-p

What do you want to run it in? Just a BRAT? It will be a little long for your DT-01 and you will not need the battery keeper I just sent :-p

Ah shame it would have been for the DT-01, still might be a good option for other applications.

Ah shame it would have been for the DT-01, still might be a good option for other applications.

You just need to modify the keeper using a spare servo arm.

• Like 1

Ive got several lipo's square and round, from hobbyking and overlander, i find it a real pain to find a lipo that fits all, the odd car like the lads stampede needs more c rating but everything else is mostly tamiya with stock motors etc, so looking at the Yuki and Venom lipo's with interest.

My runners are dt02, original holiday buggy, brat, fav, hotshot, blackfoot, montero, bigwig, tt02b, scorcher and XLT, hornet and lunchbox.

Could someone confirm that either battery will fit without issues or being too tight.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to play safe, I'd suggest searching this thread for a hardcase stickpack LiPo that's no longer than 134mm and has all of its wires coming (including balancing lead) out in exactly the same spot where a NiMH 6-cell stickpack has its wires.

The Sand Scorcher and F-150 XLT won't accept such stickpacks due to space constraints in the radio box. I have no idea what exact LiPo would fit, but I think saddlepacks or other hardcases with unusual dimensions might work better.

There are two clear contenders here tried and tested, the Yuki brainergy and the Core RC. Between £25-£30. I don't understand why anyone would hack their cars up now that there are lipo's that fit the bill (or the chassis even ;) )!!

• Like 2