tamiya monkey

Tamiya Chassis Lipo compatibility

There are two clear contenders here tried and tested, the Yuki brainergy and the Core RC. Between £25-£30. I don't understand why anyone would hack their cars up now that there are lipo's that fit the bill (or the chassis even ;) )!!

There is not much hacking going on and all my mods are invisible unless you know what to look for. No more damage than a runner incurs during use. The main reason is that for £30 the rating of the cells is pretty poor, most being around 4000mah, a 5000mah-5300mah with a better c rating can be had for half that and it means I can share packs with my other newer cars means a bit of trimming or filing is preferred to forking out another £60 (already forked out for 7 lipos between the 3 of us).

I also modded my egress during build to take a standard lipo and all it took was filing the 3 deck posts flat on one side. Then it was always intended to be a retromod as it runs 9T brushless too.

The Core Rc battery is longer than the Brainergy Yuki battery, I know for a fact that the latter fits in an FAV, Blackfoot, TA03, F103, DT02 and CC01. I got mine through eBay at just over £24

Picture isn't showing up in my browser either! Arrrgh!

Edit, found the coding, this was the image-

lvnrc5085.jpg

This Venom battery is not available in the UK. Venom don't seem to have UK dealers or a UK presence? Tower hobbies /.Amazon etc. can't sent me one as it's a restricted item for postage No chance of getting my hands on one it seems?

Regards,

Alistair G.

Bought my venom batteries from Amazon. Had no issues. Got 4 for £30!

They're tiny and will fit in all my cars.

Bought my venom batteries from Amazon. Had no issues. Got 4 for £30!

They're tiny and will fit in all my cars.

Holy cow, link please? Maybe I missed them somehow.

Regards.

Away on holiday at the moment. Will find you a link when Im home.

They should have been 2 for £30 but came in a sealed box as a twin pack.

Guess whoever dispatched them thought 2 items meant 2 packs.

Still a good price regardless. I think I just got lucky.

Nice to see this thread still going strong. I haven't been around for a while, in fact, I haven't done anything car like for some time. Only yesterday did I manage to take a couple of runners out for an hour or so. It was supposed to be the first time out for the Yuki LiPo I purchased way back when, but when I got to the stomping ground, I realised I'd forgotten my Deans to Tamiya adapter. IDIOT!

Oh well, there's always next time. :rolleyes:

Glad to see others taking a punt on the Yuki pack too.

• Like 1

I just wanted to thank fruitfly01 for the heads up on the yuki brainergy battery. Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly in my lunchbox, boomerang and blackfoot. I wish I knew about this battery earlier.

• Like 2

A link to purchasing the Venom 15085 battery would be appreciated. I can't see anywhere else to get them other than Ebay, and the Import charge when I try that is 11 GBP on top of the postage. Amazon.com won't send me one no matter what seller I choose, even the International sellers, since I'm in UK, and the batteries are restricted items for postage via Air.

Regards,

ARG

Why dont you go for the yuki brainergy lipo? Fits in every tamiya I have tried it in.

So what fits in a Madbull (...)

Essentially any stickpack Lipo that doesn't exceed 134mm length and has its wires coming out the same as a NiMH/NiCd battery pack will fit without modifying the battery retainer.

See also these posts:

Eventually, I haven't bought that Yuntong stick pack LiPo. Instead, somebody pointed me towards Jamara batteries.

So I bought a Jamara LiPo Racing 7.4V 5000mAh 2N 30C #141390 oval stick pack sized battery. It arrived last Friday, and I took measurements. It's 134mm long and so it fits exactly into the DT-01 battery compartment, even with the battery stopper. I'm happy now! :lol: Weight is approx. 225 g, which is way lighter than my NiMH batteries.

Some pics just to show you all HOW good it fits:

th_sam2228ppi88_zpsbbfa0adc.jpg th_sam223053ezl_zps816eea2b.jpg th_sam2231q9if6_zpsbe26c6aa.jpg

:D Note to myself: Clean the car before taking photos!

EDIT: New picture host, less ads.

The Tamico link above is 24 euros but maybe no good unless you're getting other stuff due to postage.

I've just purchased the Core Rc one, now back in stock at Modelsport with a new 30C model, fits hornet like a glove. £29.99

med_gallery_28308_3756_574449.jpg

med_gallery_28308_3756_483703.jpg

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-4000mahr-7.4v-30-60c-2s-lipo/rc-car-products/388538

Can you measure the exact length of this Core CR293 please, I feel it's the best one for me to order, Schumacher have them at 33 GBP delivered, and it means I can use English and be able to return it easily if there is a problem etc.

Also, how long does it hold a charge for? For example my Futaba T6XS battery pack is a 3rd party Lipo and I've only charged it once since new and it's held it's charge for over a year!

Regards,

Alistair G.

The link to modelsport in pic above is cheaper at £29.99 and in stock, they have a great returns service.

134mm long, can't measure exactly as on holiday at the moment but it is that within -0.2mm. Fits Hornet, FAV/Wild one/lunchbox etc and the wires exit in the same place as a tamiya pack. I haven't had this for long but lipo's hold charge for ages. You shouldn't store them fully charged though.

Edit: modelsport shows it as 133.7mm. Weight 220g. As an aside, it's so light it doesn't fall out the bottom of the hornet taking the battery cover with it!!

Double edit! I see that price you quote is posted, so maybe MS not cheaper,I have no idea what their postage is, I usually try to build up and place a carriage paid order.

Cheers

Nito

Any new battery suggestions?

Can anyone measure battery department on DT-02?

I'll measure it for you tonight. For general suggestions, there are lots of found in this thread. The DT-02 is happy with a wide range of rectangular and oval battery packs, as long as they are not too thick and the wire outlet not being covered by the battery door.

Many thanks for your patience.

I measured

L 147 mm
B 50 mm
H 25 mm

Cheers.

On 3/31/2015 at 7:01 PM, ChrisRx718 said:

I've not seen this before, but has anyone any experience of this battery;

Hobbyking Link

Looks like it could fit, the description even states that it will fit an M03, M05 and Manta Ray (strange model to reference!)

I'm going to take the plunge I think...

This battery does not fit the older tamiya chassis like m02 or cc01 as the side profile (curvature of the battery) is slightly off.

On 19 July 2016 at 2:56 AM, novaris said:

This battery does not fit the older tamiya chassis like m02 or cc01 as the side profile (curvature of the battery) is slightly off.

Does anyone know if this fits the DT03.

cheers

21 hours ago, Roasty said:

Does anyone know if this fits the DT03.

cheers

DT03s are fairly forgiving when it comes to battery sizes. Their compartment is just a large empty section, and Tamiya expects you to stick some foam in there to fit the chosen battery. I've yet to find one that doesn't fit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

DT03s are fairly forgiving when it comes to battery sizes. Their compartment is just a large empty section, and Tamiya expects you to stick some foam in there to fit the chosen battery. I've yet to find one that doesn't fit. 

Cool, I've ordered one and a DT03 so should find out soon :) 

thanks for the help 👍🏻👍🏻