Sign in to follow this  
lindorf

Bigwig Help

Just aquired a Bigwig and need some opinions.

The front gear box is very notchy and jams some times .. and sounds like it grinding... dismantled it and the c clips are there .. i have new c clips ... and will replace with them .. could the gear box sides that hold the bearings be wearing out .. causing the diff cogs to seperate ?

Also the battery cover (chassis support) is missing .. does anyone have one lying about or know of a 3rd party replacement or anyone who makes them ?

Thanks for your time on this :)

I've never seen or heard of gearbox casings wearing out on a Bigwig, I'd inspect each gear carefully for any broken or worn teeth and foreign debris , and also jammed bearings. As for the battery cover all I can say is GOOD LUCK! It is very sought after, they occasionnally pop up on ebay but very very rare part.

If you need any other parts PM me, I have some new and used parts for it (but not the battery cover, sorry)

Make sure it has the tiny C clips. Really small not the bigger E clips used on the re re Hot Shots. Yes tha cases are different due to this so be really carefull.

Mine was really tight in diff action due to this mistake i made.

Big Wig sub frame do come up on E bay now & again. Cost some coin too!!!

Thanks for your replys..

top it all off my computer exploded lol

wil have another look at it over the weekend