Way to go! :)

PS - I mailed your buggy light stickers out today. The post office said that you should expect them to arrive at your door in 6-10 days.

Message me and please let me know that you get them safely! :)

I suppose the letter with the decals is gone in the Atlantic Ocean... it's never arrived... :'(

Max

Seriously?

I sent them out moinths ago. If you didn't get them by now, then look on ebay for the same ones.

That's $2.45 in postage wasted. :(

I'm sorry, don't know what I can say about... Let's wait some time more...

Max

Okay. I am surprised that you didn't get them yet. I mailed it in a regular white letter envelope, with a note in it, saying "Please let me know when you get these."

I suppose we can wait a bit longer.

In the mean time, I looked on ebay for them, and it seems that they do not sell that particular decal sheet anymore. The good news is that I found this -

SPOT LIGHTS DECALS TAMIYA STICKERS PRECUT VINTAGE 1\10TH WILL FIT OTHER MODELS

I hope that this helps if they do ultimately do not arrive in your mailbox.

Good luck, and again, let me know if you get them! :)

Hi Dragnse7en,

thank you for your help. I heard about mail problems this period for our post service but also for British post service, Swiss post service and other countries in the world. I don't know why and don't know if there is some relations betweens them. I suppose that, with the crisis, the services quality are going down.

Anyway if the letter will arrive will let you know.

Many thanks

Max

Hi Dragnse7en,

thank you for your help. I heard about mail problems this period for our post service but also for British post service, Swiss post service and other countries in the world. I don't know why and don't know if there is some relations betweens them. I suppose that, with the crisis, the services quality are going down.

Anyway if the letter will arrive will let you know.

Many thanks

Max

Hi Max

I have been having delays as well for receiving mail from overseas recently. Here in the USA, our federally-run post office is making a lot of cutbacks, and this fall of 2013, they will stop deliveries on Saturdays. I see that it seems to be happening everywhere :(

wow - max you go the extra mile for sure. very cool! never would have occurred to me to fill in the holes, etc. i don't think i will start either, but hats off to you for that level of awesomeness.

• Like 1

Hi BadWagon, the shock on the GH2 are common yellow CVA Shocks, the ones you can find on many vintage and re released Tamiya cars like Fire Dragon for example. The rear springs are original GH2 coil damper springs cause the normal ones are too stiff. I also added two more holes in the rear damper pistons so now there are four very large holes on rear end with soft oil. They works great. GH2 (and many cars with solid rigid rear axle) needs the softer dampers and coils you can on the rear end.

Dampers on GH1 are, at the rear, the Hornet ones. They work very well.

For the front end I went for Ansmann 55 mm dampers with larger GH2 front arms. Arms fit perfectly with very few modifications to the chassis. Also the front Ansmann dampers fit very well with some minor modifications to the top ball connector. The spring is too stiff so you need to replace it with a softer one. Also the oil is too thick. Maybe you must use a softer oil or/and add an hole in the front piston. I left the damper as original cause the car is a shelf queen only so I didn't need to set up them.

If you tune the front dampers they will work good imho.

Max

Max, what shocks are you using on the GH1?

Look great, how do they perform?

• Like 1

I think this is due the crisis. Less money, less service, less quality, less reliability.

This means delays and packages lost.

There will be better times.

Max

Hi Max

I have been having delays as well for receiving mail from overseas recently. Here in the USA, our federally-run post office is making a lot of cutbacks, and this fall of 2013, they will stop deliveries on Saturdays. I see that it seems to be happening everywhere :(

Thank you. I'm sorry have few time and very few money to follow my hobby...

Max

wow - max you go the extra mile for sure. very cool! never would have occurred to me to fill in the holes, etc. i don't think i will start either, but hats off to you for that level of awesomeness.

Thank you. I'm sorry have few time and very few money to follow my hobby...

Max

Looks to me like you're doing a fine job, regardless of budget. Your builds are top notch.

Hi, the car is finished. It's only missing the headlamp stickers. The stickers are gone lost so I need to buy a new decal set but as I said I'm unemployed so sadly have no money to spent on my favorite hobby.

The few money I gain I spend them on my movie.

The problem is that I live in Italy that is a odd weird corrupted country so I only loose money with my movies.

As a director I should gain something like 5.000 to 25.000 € per week but actually I'm 15.000 under 0.

When I'll have some penny to spend on the GH2 you will see the finished car on the forum.

I've not lost interest on this project, so please, be patient and sorry for my late ;)

Max

• Like 1

Max

Which headlamp stickers do you need, I may be able to help.

As I would also like to see this finished. :)

Rich

• Like 1

Hi, actually the car has yellow painted lamps like the Frog. I'm not sure about the color, could change for white.

I need the classic stickers with the yellow smile or the sponsor on white back.

Do you have something about?

Max

Ok, finally after many months a decal sheet with headlamp stickers is arrived. I suppose it's the Finman's one. I thank you mate.

A special thank to dragnse7en that also has shipped a headlamps decal sheet that probably has gone lost in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Anyway now the Grasshopper 2 project can be finished.

AdesiviFari_zps8403f04f.jpg

Will post pictures of the complete car when finished.

Many thanks

Max

• Like 1

Ok folks,

the Grasshopper II is finally finished.

The GH2 body has no headlamps but I would like to try something different and I mounted them. They needed some file to fit in the right position. Then I added the headlamp stickers.

Some net closes the side air intakes and the rear resistor hole. I always mount my display cars without electric parts (except the motor).

Big Daddy Evans with arms is at the wheels. As you perfectly know he needed some modification at the helmet and face to have something different.

I didn't apply all stickers because I think this body graphic is over designed so I left the roof without blue stripe and no numbers on the bonnet and sides. I really don't like a lot 80ish font number so I prefer without. Anyway there's always time to apply the rest of the decals if I'll change my mind about it. I'm really satisfied about the results.

So thanks for your advices and help.

Here some pictures of the cars. In the next days I'll post them on my showroom also.

Next project is the not yet finished Striker. I need some decal sheet...

Thanks

Max

GHII01_zpsbe9dfa66.jpg

GHII02_zpsab4534b7.jpg

GHII04_zps2b042ad0.jpg

GHII03_zpsbcf218c0.jpg

GHII05_zpsc28281f4.jpg

GHII06_zpseecdddb2.jpg

• Like 3

It's rare to see someone paint the seatbelts correctly. Only those that have used them, or pay great attention to detail get them right. Otherwise, great job on the detail work.

Reference illustration:

550.jpg

Ok, finally after many months a decal sheet with headlamp stickers is arrived. I suppose it's the Finman's one. I thank you mate.

A special thank to dragnse7en that also has shipped a headlamps decal sheet that probably has gone lost in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Anyway now the Grasshopper 2 project can be finished.

AdesiviFari_zps8403f04f.jpg

Will post pictures of the complete car when finished.

Many thanks

Max

Those are the ones I mailed out to you . . . I see you finally got them! :)

• Like 1

Hi TA-Mark,

I perfectly know Sabelt safety belts because they are Italians and because the factory is in my city (Torino), 4 or 5 kilometers from my home. ;)

I also perfectly know Sparco because is an Italian brand too and is located near Torino, 15 kms from my home. When I ran with Tamiya touring cars, few years ago, the owner of the Sparco company was one of my competitors on the track.

As you can see the safety belt on my model are red/black. The black part is the safety belt itself. The bigger and fatter red part is a padded protection on the belt to protect the shoulders from rubbing and to give more comfort to the driver.

Usually the belts are red, blue and black, the protections are red, blue and black too.

The yellow/black Sabelt logo is sewn on the belts as the ones you have posted.

The logo (contraction of SAfety BELT) originally is also sewn on the protections but I have no sticker about so I prefer no sticker in place of a bad made logo.

If you see in my avatar I made the correct details on the old Boomerang driver safety belts, some years ago (I found the decals years ago).

Thanks anyway for your compliments ;)

Max

On 1/5/2013 at 6:28 PM, TA-Mark said:

It's rare to see someone paint the seatbelts correctly. Only those that have used them, or pay great attention to detail get them right. Otherwise, great job on the detail work.

Reference illustration:

550.jpg