Sign in to follow this  
loopjuice

Anyone seen flyby ?

I was thinking he had'nt been around for a while. He wanted some Egress wheels I had but then I heard nothing from him.

I seem to remember one of the last things I saw from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx.

[:P]I might be mistaken so no offence if I'm wrong!!...LOL[:P]

I heard that from him too...

Have checked his ebaying and he's had 2 neagtives from his last 2 buys, so it appears he has disappeared.

Thanks for the reply Bibbo...

[?]

I hope nothing is wrong as he is 'our man on with the contacts' at the spring drive. I'll give him a call.

Chris

I've emailed but they've both come back as unknown addys, odd as it's his usual one ?!

Odd.....[?]

Sjoerd - REMIND ME - N E V E R to give you personal information...........jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Darryn

[:0] you do know that some stuff is personal and not common knowledge

also just wanted to know why it wasn't removed as i wouldn't want eveyone knowing my business

anyway back to the topic

i've not heard from him in months i know he was having trouble with his Computer so that could be the trouble.

Thanks SHEN UK - I thought I did it the first time - done now.

Sjoerd - PLEASE T H I N K before you post.

Cheers

Darryn

SORRY, I FEEL VERY ASHAMED NOW! [:I] [:I] [:I]

Either way, he has personal matters on his hands right now. I'll leave it with that sentence in the future. [:)]

[:I] I will (or already have when you read this) delete my post. [:I]

I am very sorry, I think this is the best thing I can do from this point. I feel quite foolish and very ashamed so please forgive me... [:(] [V]

quote:
Originally posted by Bibbo

I seem to remember one of the last things I saw XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

id="quote">id="quote">

No offense to Bibbo, flyby, darryn1 or anyone in- or outside the forums involved or not involved in this matter: but doesn't this fall in the same region? [?]

[Edit: I have succesfully deleted my previous post, on which darryn1 replied not to leave such information on online message boards like the TamiyaClub.com forums. I wanted to say this before, but there was a failure with my computer so I am retyping it directly after the failure. If I forget to mention anything this will be done using a follow-up post, sorry nfor this inconvenience in advance. I am making this statement 100% voluntarily, there is no moderator, fellow member or the origional owner of the information here telling me to do so. I hope, if this information below is relevant to you, you will take the time to read it.

As said, the discussed post is deleted. The error of my ways have been pointed out by several readers of this post and I fully understand. I was shocked to read the discussion my previous post had caused. I should not have revealed this information here, as it will do more bad than good according to the people who pointed out; and I do beleive so as well re-reading it. I did never mean to offend flyby, darryn1 or whoever involved in this matter, whether these people are members of TamiyaClub.com or the TC.com forums or not.

I hope I can continue posting on the TamiyaClub.com forums. I hope you do not (like to) have hard feeling with me. I would certainly do NOT have and do NOT like to have hard feelings with the owner of the revealed information, moderators and other members or anyone else regarding this matter. I hope you fully understand, as I fully understand the actions from the moderator(s) made against me and this post. As I mentioned before I am very ashamed by this act and I certainly hope this will not occur again in or outside the TC forums. I hope to be able to continue posting on the forums normally from now on. I have learned my lesson.

On another note, if a moderator likes to delete other information given by TC member Bibbo, plese do not forget the quote I made from his origional post. If any moderator likes to 'lock-up' this topic, then you have my vote. I am making this kind request to the moderators of TamiyaClub.com forums as I do not have the authority to do so myself. I hope other TC members will understand. Thank you for your time.]

well i dont think this post/topic should be locked and personaly personal matters should be stated as that personal matters unless it's that member (only) wanting to share his/her business with the world

now sjored i see you feel bad but everyone makes mistakes every now and then so all i have to say is "Think before you post" thats not just aimed at sjored but all members we should all think before starting/adding to posts as this is a public forum

also looking at it i agree with sjored about

quote:

I seem to remember one of the last things I saw from him he said his **-********** was ********.

id="quote">id="quote">

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. But still I don't like making one - but I think there isn't much you can do against it. I am glad I didn't sense any hard feelings against me (yet). [:)]

I feel quite bad about the mistake I made here, as I didn't realise beforehand what impact it might have if someone read it with bad intentions... It's a good thing we look out for each other around here.

To me, and most of you, it looks quite obvious, but I believe in most other message boards the sphere is not as good as on TC. For example, in online gaming I notice a lot of swearing and a general bad attitude on most servers. If we would have that here in those proportions you'd be shocked! [:o] But that's another story. [|)]

As Barry (ShenUK) pointed out, covering this information given by Bibbo might do as well, in stead of locking the entire topic with it. Then it will look like his 'Sand Scorcher' was 'fabulous'. [;)] Still I would understand if the moderators want to lock it as it was my idea in the first place.

I'd like to contact flyby about this over mail and appologise - but as the actual discussion pointed out it's not possible to reach him now! [xx(] [8)] DOH!

(BTW: Please call me Sjoerd, not 'sjored' or 'sjeord'... [:)] 'SJ' for short will do as well. [:D] )

quote:
Originally posted by ShenUK

also looking at it i agree with sjored about
quote:

I seem to remember one of the last things I saw from him he said his **-********** was ********.

id="quote">id="quote">

id="quote">id="quote">

Imho no cause for concern fellas.

Flyby himself made that 'public' knowledge voluntarily:-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/topic.asp?...=17&whichpage=3

But ya, one wonders what he's been occupied with lately.

(Hope his MGBGT is still going ok!![8D])

Didn't recall seeing that, thanks.

But still seems odd that I can't mail him, or no-one seems to have spoken/heard from him in ages.

Surely if he's selling his cars he'd keep an eye on the club ?

The only reason I wrote that was because I saw it on this board in the first place.

I also put underneath that if I had made a mistake then sorry in advance.

I'm starting to feel that this board is getting abit "over defensive" to be honest.

Maybe it was'nt a good idea to make it common knowledge that "forum police" will be out in force. Not saying it for sure but a lot of topics are causing concern when "before the whole police thing" it did'nt happen.

Maybe Darryn some of your responses are giving the wrong context to threads rather than the thread being "bad" in the first place.

another thread starts going astray....

With regard to wheres Flyby, I think the obvious answer is none of us seem to know. Why that might be is purely subject to speculation - unless someone has heard from him direct and as such that 'concerns' me and the other admins. Any sort of speculation about his personal situation is not really a topic for this board. I certainly would not want people discussion my private life here, even if the poster thought they were just helping out and I am sure others wouldn't either.

Comments relating to Flyby girlfriend are even further removed from what this board is here for, although in light of the fact Flyby posted those details himself to the board originally, I don't really see there is an issue with 'quoting' his post. Although back to my first post making the link between this and his abscence from the board is purely speculation, it may have absolutely nothing to do with this, so again its not really the sort of thing we want on the board.

As for the 'Club Police' this was a phrase i used when I first mentioned it with my tongue firmly in my cheek. Apologies if people have taken this the wrong way. In fact the 'Police' only cover the showrooms and have nothing to do with the admin of this board. If the way we mod the board has changed, then it is only inlight of the board growing and us mods learning from past issues. This will continue to happen. We will always err on the side of 'over defensive' rather than let something through we may regret later.

I think its fair to say that none of us mods enjoy moderating this board - we are just tamiya collectors at the end of the day that would sooner be building/restoring models - but it is something that need to be done. We cannot let this board descend into a free for all. At the end of the day it is going to be easier all around if we stop it before it happens rather than trying to sort it out afterwards.

Maybe there is a niche here for someone to set up a 'no holds barred' forum themselves if they feel the club board is getting too restrictive.

[bit of a time slip here - as I am agreeing with darryns following post[:)]. Please never read my comments as being personal, I don't take things to heart either. All I am trying to do is respond in an honest way to any questions/comments aimed at the club in general. ]

Cheers

Chris

I never meant to open a can of worms, I'm just a bit concerned as my ol' mucker has not been around for a while.

[?]

[^][^][^]CHRIS[^][^][^]

I have left stuff go many times on this board...........If I am giving it the "wrong context" - then why are most people thinking the same as me? Remember - I am trying , like the other mods, to keep this a pleasant place for ALL people to visit.(no I am not taking this to heart - just answering your question !! id="red">[:)] )

I have another saying from my grandfather : " An ounce of prevention is better than a POUND of cure"......yep - sometimes we come down hard - others we let go.....all in all I think we are pretty mild here.

As chris mentioned - perhaps an enthusiast could set up a "free for all" slanging board......would be interesting to see how long it lasted - and how long people hung around.......

Anyways - here I am being defensive again !![xx(][:(][:D]

Cheers

Darryn

p.s - where would society be without "Police" or rules / regulations etc etc etc

I totally agree with everything you guys have said.

I just can't help feeling that chastising ( wow! spelling? ) people publically isn't the right way to regulate the board.

Of course it does'nt really have much to do with me because I don't have to do it but an idea I would put forward would be to just remove the posts without talking about it publicly and then e-mail the poster if need be to say why. Then the poster learns something

( we can all learn I suppose )

I just felt that the way the removal was talked about as much as the subject just changes the context.

I don't really know about the "forum police" or Admin. staff to be honest. I don't have a clue who does what, from the responses I assumed it was Darryn that was dealing with this particular thread.

[:)]Anyway, I bet Flyby will turn up soon and laugh his "BITS" off when he reads this.[:)]

...'tis all getting a little serious in here, thought a good joke might be of use then..!!

Sitting together on a train, travelling through the Swiss Alps, was a South African guy, an Australian guy, a young blonde lady and a little old lady.

The train goes into a tunnel & a few seconds later there's the sound of a loud slap. When the train emerges from the tunnel, the Australian has a big red hand print on his cheek.

No one speaks.

The old lady thinks: That Australian must have groped the blonde in the

dark, and she slapped his cheek.

The blonde thinks: That Australian must have tried to grope me in the

dark, but missed and fondled the old lady. She slapped his cheek.

The Australian thinks: That South African must have groped the blonde in the dark. She tried to slap him but missed and got me instead.

The South African: I can't wait for another tunnel, so I can slap

that Aussie again.

mmmmphhphhmmmphpmaaaawaaaahahahahahHAHAHAHAA