Mackiatoe

What shocks to use with JunFac Tamiya Frog shock Towers?

Hi all. Feel free to direct this thread to another place if it's in the wrong location :)

Anyways, I am planning to buy the JunFac Tamiya Frog Aluminium Front Shock Towers set (found here: http://www.fusionhob...rs-p/j20221.htm). However, I have found it hard to find the name/make of any shocks that will fit them. I believe the length recommened for them is 60/62mm, but I not sure about what size the connectors on each of the shocks have to be to match the size of hole on the shock towers. I have found these Absima shocks, which are 62mm, and come with optional ends: http://www.modelspor...products/369640 . Does anyone know if they will fit? If not, then could an owner of this suspension kit direct me to the shocks they've used? Preferably, the price needs to be around £20 or less for 2, although if they do cost more then I'd still like to see :)

Thanks in advance,

Mack

those are copies of the old CRP setup

the CRP setup used the short shocks from a SRB with external CRP spring kit

It's not just the length that'll be an issue - Junfac include some spacers to stop the shocks rubbing on the uprights etc.

If the Modelsport shock bodies have too large a diameter then they'll rub.

When you've got so many variables, you can only really either take the plunge and try them or try to find out all the specs of the shocks and email the info to Junfac and see what they think

frog_front_shock_tower.jpg

frog_front_shock_tower_1.jpg

ge-j20221_b2t8dbz.jpg

Suitable damper length for the Junfac J20221 shock tower is 60 - 70 mm.

You can adjust the damper length by fitting internal damper spacers. And by using long or short bottom ends (although most modern buggies and monster trucks are designed to accept long bottom ends only).

From the manufacturer's pictures you can guess that fat big bore shocks are not an option, but regular or slim 1/10 scale buggy shocks could work. 1/10 touring car shocks may be too short. Even though, it's best to have either confirmation from Junfac about the shock size specifications - or get the towers first and see by yourself what shocks may fit and what won't.

The 3Racing TA05 alloy damper set can be built between 55 and 64mm and comes with spacers to offset the shock bodies from mounts/uprights. Rcmart do them for around £13 a set of 4, I just ordered some for a twin detonator upgrade using their rcmart-au shop on eBay.

I have this set up on my Frog. I am using 70mm buggy shocks. Touring car shocks are too stiff in my opinion for the light front end of the Frog.

Mark

I have this set up on my Frog. I am using 70mm buggy shocks. Touring car shocks are too stiff in my opinion for the light front end of the Frog.

Mark

thats a fair comment - i'm hoping some of the springs aren't too stiff, but my twin det should have enough weight to utilise them, the frog as you say is a featherweight in comparison. I also have seom yeah racing 55mm on-road shocks and some of the springs are so stiff its almost impossible to compress them in your hand, neer mind on the car !

don't forget

when you do this mod you are supposed to remove the stock frog springs behind the metal brackets

Mark

Do you have a pic of your set-up?

Any 10th shock will be too stiff for the Frog Front end,

I used Min T shocks with great results on CRP shock towers. Those Alloy Jun Fac look nice but are way to big for the Frog's little front end.

PB010277.jpg

Hey they look pretty good! how do they work? What are you using for the rear shocks?

J

im using the stock rear shocks.

I'll post pics of the front setup tonight