Sign in to follow this  
super gripper

lights on your 2011 Sand Rover

I am really enjoying building my Sand Rover 2011. Sure the very simple DT02 chassis took me about an hour to build but I mean building and painting the body shell plus the driver etc.

Its great to have a car that requires more than a simple couple of cans for the body shell. I have seen some excellent examples of the SR 2011's driver.

It took me ages to decide on the body shell paint job but I would like to ask about putting lights in the front.

Any body done it yet ?

Is it better to buy a complete in-built light set with the lences and front clear bits ??

How have people done it please ??

tips and pointers if you would please.

pictures of your cars

links to good lighting kits

all this is not my fortay as I am a racer, sure my Lunchbox lighting was easy but you need more for the SR 2011.

I used these on my Buggy Champ / Funco . Good quality and if you use the 3racing lighting module they can be controled with a 2 channel outfit . The plus side is you can then add funtional tail lights and indicators . You need to assemble the lights and do a little soldering but i assume thats no problem . Do'nt use the supplied resistors if using the 3racing control as it has this built in . IMO these would look great on the Sand Rover.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Gmade-R1-LED-Lightbar-2-Lights-p/gm51408s.htm

excellent thank you for that. I was going to run the lights straight out of the receiver so would have to bring down the voltage a little.

No problem, I hope you will let us all know if they are a direct fit or not.

I will yes, I think I will order them first thing in the morning. thank you for your help.

I did this the hard way by the sounds of it on my lit models. I glued the two halves together and dremeled out the centre face of the kit spotlight unit. Then used the lenses from the F-350 high lift kit, and fitted the LED (or bulbs on the first ones I did) inside the light. Inside of the light painted in Humbrol metalcote aluminium to make them reflective.

On some I drilled small holes behind the screw mount point and ran the wiring through there and on others I used hollow threaded rod with a nut on the bottom and ran the wires inside the rod.

On the next set I was going to try potato chip (crisps) foil pack as the reflector inside the light to make them focus well into a beam.

I did this the hard way by the sounds of it on my lit models. I glued the two halves together and dremeled out the centre face of the kit spotlight unit. Then used the lenses from the F-350 high lift kit, and fitted the LED (or bulbs on the first ones I did) inside the light. Inside of the light painted in Humbrol metalcote aluminium to make them reflective.

On some I drilled small holes behind the screw mount point and ran the wiring through there and on others I used hollow threaded rod with a nut on the bottom and ran the wires inside the rod.

On the next set I was going to try potato chip (crisps) foil pack as the reflector inside the light to make them focus well into a beam.

No need for all the hassel with these Mark . Their really bright too with the supplied LED's