viperchief

Got a Bigwig!

So there I was, surfing good old ebay late last night (not drinking this time... :) ) when I come across a newly listed Bigwig. Looking at the pictures it appears to be in really nice shape. The seller accepts offers so I submit one. Of course, now I wonder if someone will grab it out from under me by the time I wake up in the morning! I make the decision to "Buy It Now" as the price was not too bad considering it comes with a vintage Frog (can't have too many of those!!) Looks like a quick strip-and-clean and she will be display-ready. Can't wait to receive this in the mail! Thanks for looking!

post-36504-0-77830400-1347415908_thumb.j

post-36504-0-62068000-1347415962_thumb.j

The BIG WIG is a far better 4wd buggy than most people believe. For less than 100 grams it gets bashed by the vintage RC enthusiasts, but you know, this is a very special car.

This is one of the VERY few Tamiya cars to be designed by a professional real-size racing car designer, in this specific case, the legendary Takuya Yura from Moon Craft. Tamiya even decided to celebrate their 10th anniversary making RC model cars by releasing this one, plus it comes with their -back then- top of the line motor, the Technigold. So you better be happy with your BIG WIG. This car is no Hot Shot, actually something FAR better than that!

Have you seen the cars that inspired the Big Wig?

http://www.tamiyaclu...04764&sid=23692

BTW, I'll make sure to ad you to our Big Wig Owners & Enthusiasts Special interest group when I return to the club, next December. Hopefully sooner.

Congrats again on finding such a nice specimen!!

I just won one this evening as well! Not as nice as yours but I'm stoked :)

This car is my holy grail of vintage RC's...a buddy had an RC10 in '86 and his dad had the Bigwig...I'd never seen anything move so fast and handle as well...amazing what 8.4 volts and 4wd will do haha!

604054037_o.jpg

I'm very happy to have a Bigwig in my collection! It has been on my radar for some time now and finally one popped up that "talked to me"! It is a very unique buggy for sure and i love how it looks with its air scoop and exhaust pipes. Congrats tozrovr on your newest addition!

Yep they go really well.

Running a brushless set up, CVD's up the front, Uni shafts at the back & a Re re Hot Shot center prop shaft & is far better then a Super Shot.

Sorry for pic of the Turbo Optima. Put wrong image code in & won't let me delete it. !!!!

P9140203.jpg

TurboOptima2.jpg

It's you! It's your bigwig that ***** used in their ebay ad! Is there a build thread on this amazing buggy?

Cheers!

RJ

...Sorry for pic of the Turbo Optima. Put wrong image code in & won't let me delete it. !!!!

There is a key right down below your posting MAD RACER that says "Edit". Right click on it, then you can delete the link just as if you was writing on Word. Way too easy.

Also, you can open a specific thread to show Kyosho cars here in TC forums. Just follow this link. This is TC's specific place for Kyosho: http://www.tamiyaclu...hp?showforum=20

Here's a couple of pictures of the REAL thing. Enjoy! ;)

002-4.jpg

001.jpg

• Like 1