berman

Fraudulent TC member

Would just like to give you guys a heads up about a TC member that seems to think it is ok to rip off other members.

Early in August I saw and ad in the for sale section for a Tamiya Juggernaut 2

http://www.tamiyaclu...108920&id=18267

I've wanted a Juggernaut for a couple of years and nearly bought one from a NZ TC member about a year ago,

but fell short of his asking price. Anyway this one was listed at 120GPB when I first saw it, and then 100GPB (in hindsight, first sign).

I knew I couldn't afford it after losing my job late last year and being out of work for quite a few months, and then a few months of barely scraping by,

and not really getting on top of my bills, I'm only just playing catch up now.

I told Mrs Berman about it, and she knows well how long I've wanted one, so after giving her the puppy dog eyes, she caved and we put a couple of bills on hold

so I could pay for this monster and have it sent over. It never got sent, and I am at least the fifth person he has ripped of recently. I also really shouldn't have bought it as I should have dont more important things with the money.

I emailed the guy. His name is Travis Wilkinson, 28 and he's from Leicester Yorkshire (wont post his address). I will list all my emails with him below so you can all get your own opinions of him.

3/8/12

N/

Hi There, interested in your Juggernaut. Could you please give me a shipping price to Tauranga New Zealand. Cheers

Kind Regards

Berman/Neil

T/

Hi buddy,

Price is 70gbp. Due to weight and size.

N/

So 170gbp all up?

T/

Yep, I have loads of spares too I'll send. Can you PayPal to my account.

N/

I just have to confirm with the missus (dont worry mate ive been down that road before too!) and if she gives me the go ahead, it would take overnight to transfer fund from current account to paypal account, if thats cool? just waiting to hear back from her lol

T/

Lol, understand buddy! Yeah that's no probs, so I could have the cash by tomorrow.

N/

assuming my missus says yes, yeah i would transfer to your account at approx 7:00pm tomorrow night your time. (8am sat my time).

T/

Ok dude. My PayPal is trw2011@hotmail.co.uk.

N/

Hey Travis, got the ok, will paypal you the funds +4% in 12 hours.

Please ship to:

Neil Summers

New Zealand

Thanks again and looking forward to finally getting a Juggernaut

to compliment my other Monster Trucks. Rest assured it will be going to a good home!

Kind Regards

Neil

T/

Hi Neil,

That's awesome buddy. It shouldn't take long to reach you! Really hope you like it!

Travis.

T/

Money is transferred!!! Bet you can't wait!!

N/

Haha glad you got it, yeah you could say i am a little excited hehe ;-)

Thanks mate!

T/

Should be a few weeks to get to you, hope that's ok.

N/

Most stuff from the uk is 5-8 days, shouldnt take a few weeks unless customs get their grubby mitts on it lol, if you need time to package and send thats cool

T/

I'm sending as toys/ gifts so you shouldn't get any customs charges!

N/

Hey Travis, can you please explain to me your ebay feedback?

It seems you have sold this truck a month before, and along with some

other auctions, not followed through with the sales.

I am sure you can understand my apprehension.

Regards

Neil

T/

Hi Neil

Sorry for the late response. The truck was sold on eBay by my farther as a favor and never sent the item, resulting in a very angry ebayer. I then took the truck back to find out it had been damaged, the damages that were mentioned in the description resulting in the low price I sold it for.

I then tried to resell it on eBay only to find the reputation of the item had been shattered! Therefor I sold it on TC as I'm a known and trusted member.

Hope that helps.

Oh, p.s. I need your shipping information

Any other questions, please ask :-)!

Travis

N/

Hi Travis, ok well i will give you the benefit of doubt and take your word and will wait for the truck, but i am sure you can understand my concern when i checked your ebay feedback to see 4 items claimed as not sent.

My shipping details are as per previous email:

Please ship to:

New Zealand

Thanks for your reply

Kind Regards

Neil

T/

No I completely understand your concern, unfortunately I won't be able to trust a family member to do me a favor, the worst part was he ripped me off all the cash anyways... So much for a dad eh!

T/

5/8/12

Gonna have it boxed up tomorrow ready to go!

N/

10/8/12

Any luck putting it in the post yet mate?

T/

It's going tomorrow buddy, I'm just sending all my parcels in one throw and wait till the end of the week.

N/

Thanks dude, dont mean to sound pushy, just over excited hehe :-)

T/

Not atall buddy lol! I'll send the number tomorrow!

T/

Good news!

N/

Good news is always good!..

T/

I found the other shock so you now have 4!

N/

I take it you didnt get a chance to get to the post office Friday then? Or if you have, do you have the t&t number?

Regards

Neil

T/

Hi buddy,

It has been sent, yesterday as I posted the 4th shock. I have the tracking number but I'm riding 90 miles from home so will need to get back and get the number to you. I'll email the second im through the door, hope that's ok buddy, I've been so busy this weekend, I do apologise!

(Five days later)

N/

Hi Travis, do you have that tracking number for me please?

T/

Hi buddy,

Yup, it's tk173335627gb

Travis

N/

is that royal mail because the number is invalid?

T/

It is, I can track it but once it goes through customs you'll be given a different one for your country then you can track it :-), that's how it usually works.

N/

I should still be able to track it like you have, with the number you just gave me through Royal Mails website. But yes when it gets to NZPost it will have a different number, i am not concerned with the nzpost number, once its in NZ it will be on my doorstep the next day.

I dont mean to offend you Travis, but had i have checked your ebay feedback before i transfered the money i probably wouldn't have bought the truck. I understand it was because if your dad, but if you can see it from my point of view, i am nervous i've just bought shocks and propeller shafts for a truck im worried i might not recieve.

This is why i wanted the tracking number. Sorry mate, hope you understand.

T/

Is it not showing on the royal mail website. I haven't checked it since yesterday... When I checked it it just said "in transit"

T/

I'm gonna give them a call now.

N/

How did you get on?

T/

I called them and told them the situation, gave them the tracking number and apparently it's been checked at customs. They did say it can take a few weeks which I agree with as the stuff I get from USA and Japan can take upto 4 weeks, 2 on eps!

Atleast we know it's safe and on its way!

N/

customs uk?

T/

Yeah uk customs. Said it'll take a few days to clear.

N/

I will give royal mail a call tonight. what method did you send it?

T/

International signed for! Do you need the number?!

T/

How did you get on buddy. How dies it take a week to you but 4 from the USA, I'm really confused!

-----I email Royal Mail and they tell me the number I give them isn't valid with them, I am an international customer and international is usually through their sister company, Parcelforce.

So I email them.----

N/

Hey Travis, Royal Mail said its a Parcelforce number, so waiting to hear back from them.

I am not sure what you mean regarding me and USA?

T/

So was wondering if they were the same entity?

That's it for the emails. I dont hear back from him. I get a reply from Parcelforce saying the number isn't valid. and I forward the email on to Travis.

I hear nothing and five days later 25/08/12 I open a dispute with Paypal.

In that time I have emailed a few of the ebayers he ripped off and got replies, all giving me their opinion of him.

His email address: trw2011@hotmail.co.uk.

His Ebay accounts: trw842011 wilkinson1961philip

His now deleted TC account: http://www.tamiyaclu...om.asp?id=18267

His Facebook account: http://www.facebook....Engineering2011

His youtube accounts/friends accounts:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=CAQQwRs=

I sincerely hope that nobody else paid for the same truck as myself and an ebayer did, or that any of you lot have been conned by him.

I made the mistake of looking at his 6 years membership and not giving it a second thought. Hindsight is great.

Paypal have now reimbursed me luckily.

Even in our big extended TC family there are unsavoury people lurking... best to play it safe huh?

Regards

Neil

oh boy , this is horrible .

thanks for letting us know !

at least you got your money back.

shame

Hiya Neil. I saw that Juggernaut. No chance to purchase it even if it was ten pounds the shipping costs, but I remember I somehow got curious and checked the guy's eBay feedback. Noticed the many bad comments there and thought "too bad for the guy buying". I'm very sorry it was you the one getting that awesome truck, Neil. But I'm happy paypal finally got your money back. I guess if we all check the people you deal with before toying with money there would be much less problems of this kind.

I think Leicester is classed as the midlands, it's 117miles from York so pretty sure it's not Yorkshire?

Glad to hear you got your money back, and hope things are better for you on the job front.

I am always suspicious with ebay. He is no longer an ebay member.

I was looking at a Wild Willy on ebay the other day, aution said "selling this on behalf of a friend because he does not have an ebay account"

The same Wild willy was sold on ebay about 3 weeks previous (no account eh!)

I allways check feedback and look at completed listings

Glad you got your money back but the juggernaut would of been better

Thanks guys.

Yeah atf300, you dont think it's gong to be on your back doorstep, TC is a pretty big family!

Mongoose, yeah that was mistake number one, I saw he had been a member for 6 years and didn't even think to check his ebay until after I had paid.

Hindsight is great, I've re-read the emails a couple of times and right from when all he was concerned about was when the money would be in his account, that started ringing bells, I just assumed he had bills to pay. I admit I was naive, will learn for next time.

Wolfdog, I think you are right, sorry if I offended anyone from Yorkshire. Yeah I have a full time job doing the same thing for the same money at a different company, but trying to play catch up

for the past nearly year is crippling me, bills dont stop coming :-( Missus just asked me last night when was the last kit I built, and it was my Baja a year ago I think.

I also want to say thank you to Andy (TWINSET) for all his help with questions and etc regarding this, and also Andy (EARNHARDT) who posted me the driveshafts and shock parts

for the juggernaut I was supposed to receive above (5 days!), really nice guys both of you, I appreciate your help fellas!

Cheers

Neil

Cheers spudtrooper. Yeah you are right, and believe me I will be more vigilant from now on.

It would have, even with thew busted body, but I guess it was a case of "Too good to be true" heh?

Regards

Neil

No offence at all buddy, I only mentioned it because it sounded like he may have given you a false address as well.

You're gonna love this!

Have a look at this auction: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d04cbc80b

Looks like someone's trying to sell your Juggernaut truck, Neil!

It's gone, for now, but you should definitely report it to eBay if you happen to see it pop up again. Usually you won't get much action from them (eBay) but if enough of us chime in, someone in the anti-fraud department might take notice.

Anybody else noticed the truck was sold by an 8 feedback's eBayer, to be bought bought by another 8 feedback's eBayer? Interesting...

Anybody else noticed the truck was sold by an 8 feedback's eBayer, to be bought bought by another 8 feedback's eBayer? Interesting...

I'm not saying is a coincidence, but it's only a coincidence ;)

I've never been ripped off on ebay before, had to file a dispute with Paypal once to get the seller to ship the item after 3 weeks but thats it. But even if someone buys that Juggernaut on ebay, arent you protected by the ebay buyer protection??

I've never been ripped off on ebay before, had to file a dispute with Paypal once to get the seller to ship the item after 3 weeks but thats it. But even if someone buys that Juggernaut on ebay, arent you protected by the ebay buyer protection??

Yes. Neil's (berman) experience shows the system works most the time. But I also know (and have heard) stories before the newer eBay policies when the seller would close their bank account before the dispute would be open. I remember something like this happened to me with a DVD seller. When I filed a complaint with eBay/Paypal (for a $20 dvd set) all I got was about $3 back because he ripped me and more than hundred other eBayers with the same method simultaneously: "will ship in such and such date because I'll be out of town from and to such and such date". That allow him time to receive all the money, and close his bank account. You know when you close your bank account the bank itself has nothing to inform to Paypal. I dunno if that have changed but still you got the risks, specially if, like me or Neil, you're buying from the other side of the globe.

Wow. why am I not suprised? Yes the same Juggernaut with the huge crack up the bonnet, missing the front propeller shaft, paint rash on the right side roof sill. But it seems he has actually found the fourth shock, albeit bent.

At least we know for sure he didn't send it to me.

I also feel sorry for the other guy before me that bought it (maybe there was actually more than one...)

...I also feel sorry for the other guy before me that bought it (maybe there was actually more than one...)

It's sad to think maybe some other TCers paid the guy for the same truck.

There must be something to do about the guy. OCD mentioned something about reporting it to eBay, I just don't know what's the usual procedure.

It's sad to think maybe some other TCers paid the guy for the same truck.

There must be something to do about the guy. OCD mentioned something about reporting it to eBay, I just don't know what's the usual procedure.

Look for the 'report' link at the bottom of the listing. It's nearly hidden, but it's there and relatively easy to use.

Also, this may or may not work depending on your location: http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&query=579

Typically one or two 'reports' won't make anything happen, but if a listing gets enough negative attention, eBay will pull it faster than you can say 'bad publicity' ;)

Update:

As of today, PayPal is aware of the account associated with the latest auction listing, and are investigating the link between this and the PP account mentioned above ^^

If anyone sees this Jugg pop up again, or anything else that may appear to be associated with this scammer, BE SURE TO REPORT IT TO EBAY IMMEDIATELY!

PayPal may want to pretend that they're not a bank and absolve themselves of any responsibility, but they cannot ignore multiple complaints when the evidence is in their laps. B)

Thanks OCD, I reported it too two days ago when i last posted.

Wait until the new 'owner' finds out he's been had

Reading through this, it's my opinion (I could be wrong) that the chap is from the US and not the UK. You just do not get people called 'Travis' over here and he sounds American from his emails. He also spells 'favour' the American way.

I am in Leicester. It's no where near Yorkshire.

J

Thanks J, I have a photo he sent me of the Jugg with a loaf of Hovis bread, letter from National Health Service, phone bill and another letter with an address all in the background on his kitchen bench. I had to enhance the pic but im fairly confident.

By all means though he could have staged the whole lot.

I am sorry about confusing leicester and yorkshire, i think that i got it muddled when looking at 192.

Update:

Travis Ross Wilkinson

This is his business FB page:

https://www.facebook...0981788?sk=info

This is his profile on a dating site:

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Choice quote:

"So what am I into, well I'm a freerider (basically the most extreme version of mountain biking there is), I love riding my bike, I also collect vintage toys, sad I know lol! I'm a drummer and a singer. I'm a seriously happy go lucky guy and go with how things go, I'm a big believer in Karma too!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a box that he has addressed to me:

2edit_zpsde40531d.jpg

Can anyone make sense of that return address? I'm sure it's not his actual location, but maybe he's dumber than we give him credit for? It also appears that there's a phone number on the business card, but I can't quite make out the numbers.

Oh, and here's a 'recent' picture of the truck...

1_zps3b793d1e.jpg

And finally, a couple new email addresses I've uncovered:

traviswilkinson@hotmail.co.uk

kirstymoulin8@googlemail.com

I'm currently working on getting his actual physical address, which apparently he owns according to his dating profile. Maybe someone knows how to do a title search or something similar?