IBIFTKH

Wild Willy Clod hybrid beastie thing

I bought this from another TCer (cheers Ben) with the intention of using it as a fun runner. But it got damaged in transit, broken axle and some minor body damage.

So I took it apart to assess the damage. At this point I have to say a big thanks to Ben who was an absolute gent to deal with and soon I had some replacement parts on the way.

The trouble was, with the truck in pieces I started having ideas. Dangerous things...

I started with the body. Ben had done the two seat conversion but the shell had been damaged (to give you some idea of the impact, it was enough to break a reinforced Clod axle!).

The shell had split in a couple of places where the conversion had been done so I started by clearing out the filler and trying to repair and reinforce the joins. Then insanity set in and I decided to cut out the fuel tank and make a drop bed too.

So here's some progress shots of the body, still got some work to do

P8170049

P8170050

P8170052

P8190063

P9020005

P9020006

P9020008

The chassis is (I think) from an SCX10. I've kinda chopped at it a bit - narrowed and shortened and generally hacked around to try to make it fit the body better. Hopefully it'll look ok in the end...!

P9040009

P9040010

As you can see I still have a way to go, hopefully have a progress report soon.

cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Nice work - wondered what this would be when you posted the broken body shot last week. You just need a nice set of TLT wheels on it now :lol:

or a set of clod wheels with the massive kyosho 66/43x25 's that are going on the 4x4x4 Blackfoot / wild dagger i'am working on .

It's going to have Clod wheels. Not sure what the tyres are but they're 6.75 inches tall :)

It's going to have Clod wheels. Not sure what the tyres are but they're 6.75 inches tall :)

Thats about the same as these monsters lol . Never seen a monster willy :lol:

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2012 at 8:11 PM, bromvw said:

Never seen a monster willy :lol:

I had to unplug my keyboard to stop myself replying to that one...

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2012 at 9:28 PM, Skottoman said:

Great work on that body styrene! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Thanks Skottoman, hope you're not disappointed!

Got some paint on the body...

P9130013

P9130016

P9130017

P9130020

P9130022

And one of those monstrous wheels

P9130023

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Nice paint job Rob - will be interesting to see the diminutive body against the chassis !

A little update, painted the roll bar and made some number plates

P9160027

P9160029

I like the "chocolate chip" camo on the roll bars, will that be all over the body work? Great job with the styrene, looks like its always been there.

Thanks guys.

No, I'm not going to do the camo on the whole body, I think it would be too much. It's just going to be on the roll bars and the crew (nearly finished). I'm thinking about doing the spare wheel cover too, what do you think?

I agree, choc chip all over would be too much but doing the spare wheel cover would balance it nicely. It also means all the soft fabric areas are tied together with the same pattern which would make sence if it was a real 1/1 vehicle.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'll see if I can get it painted tonight and we'll see how it looks.
Here's how it looks at the moment. Still work to do but it's going in the right direction...
P9170006

P9170007

P9170008

P9170009

cheers,
Rob
  • Like 3

That looks soooooo great! What a cool camo pattern! I agree, just the spare tire in that pattern will balance it out nicely.

This is really great. Are you going to clear coat over it all? Now I suddenly have the urge to get another Willy... Hmf!

Those are Jugg tires (and wheels possibly). They're awesome and a big reason I wanted the truck.

jugg2wheel.jpg

That looks soooooo great! What a cool camo pattern! I agree, just the spare tire in that pattern will balance it out nicely.

This is really great. Are you going to clear coat over it all? Now I suddenly have the urge to get another Willy... Hmf!

Thanks Skottoman. Yes, I'm probably going to give it a couple of coats of matt clear, just not sure which is best?

Those are Jugg tires (and wheels possibly). They're awesome and a big reason I wanted the truck.

Thanks Sayer, you've educated me! Don't know why but I always assumed the Jugg had Clod tyres.

ahh , another man with a pair of willy's .. i wish i had a spare body to cut a seat out of for the passenger when i played around with my 2 willy's !

you going to arm them up or going the ''politicaly correct '' way ?

They're probably going to politically correct :( I would arm them but I can't find anything the right scale, only 1/6 which looks far too big.

You don't need a second body to make a two-seater. I made a second seat from plasticard for one of mine. It's not perfect but it looks ok. Here's the thread, take a look - link

Thanks Sayer, you've educated me! Don't know why but I always assumed the Jugg had Clod tyres.

lol well I didn't know "chocolate chip" was a type of camo so we're even :lol:

I am not into MonsterTrucks so I hardly go into this forum. But I am glad I did, the work is amazing given the body looks to be trash at first. What a tranformation. Two bubbas going for a ride in the woods. :rolleyes:

Wow! great project... excellent work.. I do like to see hard body mods... :)

Don't hate me, but could passenger Willy's left arm be lower out of sight through windsheild, it looks lost floating there with a grip pose, unless he's going to get a gun and then you're adding bullet holes to the body, hoo raaa marines. !!

Thanks guys. Steve, the passenger will have a map (or a shopping list, or something!). It's on the list of things left to do...