tozrovr

Introduction of an old school nOOb. Checking in from Maine

Long overdue on this one as I lurked for a long time and then finally signed up recently...

I’m a Rover/Jeep/’Cruiser guy and a scaler guy. Just recently started actually realizing my Vintage-Lust :)

Owned a ton of both and always wheeled them…from comp level crawling to day trips and week long treks with zero pavement.

I’ve also done the RC thing for years and years, but now it’s getting crazy…I have a WONDERFUL wife, two great kids, 2 dogs and I weld Black Hawk parts for GE Avaiation. I used to be part owner of a pretty big regional mountain bike company (I guess technically I still am 1/2 owner :D)

Some of my past 1:1's

110 Hi-Cap.

IMG_0380.jpg

SIIa Bugeye on Parabolics...

IMG_0046.jpg

My dog Duncan at the wheel (he can't drive stick so he was just posing....)

IMG_0441.jpg

my old 1:1 XJ

21PR.jpg

a5-1.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

a9.jpg

a43.jpg

2-1.jpg

a4-8.jpg

a27.jpg

a69a.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

The Camel Trophy Disco I I'm in the midst of (whilst scouring ebay for parts for my newly aquired Bigwig :) :)

P1040232.jpg

P1040229.jpg

Getting a bit better as I move on. The thing I always wrestle with now is realism versus how I want to drive them. I always drive them and really have fun thinking back on the 1:1 wheeling days before kids :) It's not that a true scaler can't hang...you can obviously build them so they can...it's the damage I inflict :evil:

Dog pic is my fav (especially the bit about him not driving stick)

Great collection of rigs and 1:1's! Especially the Landys! That Camel Trophy Disco is coming along well, I knew I reconised it from RCCrawler!

Great collection of rigs and 1:1's! Especially the Landys! That Camel Trophy Disco is coming along well, I knew I reconised it from RCCrawler!

Is that all scratch built? (Camel Trophy Disco) I wussed out and just bought a New Bright Landy Disco and poached the body.

Great pics - I like the one with the driver's arm out the window... :D

The Rangey in pic two looks like fun too...

The Camel Disco is a Kamtec shell, it's definatly come along way!

Here's the RCCrawler build thread-

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/399032-land-rover-discovery-i.html

I hope, tozrovr, you don't mind me posting this?

Don't mind at all!

Yep, it's a Kamtec shell (as is the Defender 110 Pickup) made of 2mm ABS. Harder to work with but it's able to be detailed better than lexan. It's like a slightly flexible hard body...takes a beating but looks 100x better than lexan.