GregM

New Tamiya RC items to be presented at 52th All Japan Model Hobby Show 2012

According to Tamiyablog.com, Tamiya will be showing some new designed DT-02 carbon damper stays and supposedly another Fighter Buggy - I assume it will be as well DT-02 based?

58553 1/10 RC Fighter Buggy SV

- Sand Viper II Body Set [tentative]

- DT-02 Carbon Damper Stay (Front)

- DT-02 Carbon Damper Stay (Rear)

Source: http://tamiyablog.co...odel-hobby-show

I have to say, I'm quite excited! :)

Maybe they will be lower so you can fill the holes in the Sand Rover shell ?

58550 Aero Avante (DF-02 Chassis) sounds interesting; lets hope its better thant he DF-03 based Avante ?

full list...

RC Models

58533 1/10RC Volkswagen Golf 24 (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

58541 1/10RC BMW M3 E30 SPORT EVO Jagermeister (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

1/10RC Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

58543 1/10RC Subaru BRZ R & D Sports (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

58548 1/10RC Subaru BRZ R & D Sports (TA06 chassis)

58545 1/10RC Subaru BRZ (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

58544 1/10RC NISSAN R390 GT1 (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

58550 1/10RC Aero Avante (DF-02 Chassis)

58551 1/10RC Toyota 86 Drift Spec (TT-01D chassis TYPE-E) [tentative]

58552 1/10RC Asuterion (XV-01T)

58553 1/10RC Fighter Buggy SV

84312 1/10RC M-06R Chassis Kit (Limited)

84314 1/10RC FF-03 Upgrade Set (Limited)

42240 1/10RC TRF417-3 [tentative]

XB Volkswagen Golf 24 (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

XB Bush Devil

XB Subaru Impreza WRX STI Team Arai (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

XB Buggy Attack (Shark mouse)

XB-Benz Unimog 406 (CC-01) orange version

57844 XB BMW M3 E30 SPORT EVO Jagermeister (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

57845 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XB (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

57846 XB Subaru BRZ R & D Sports (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

57847 XB NISSAN R390 GT1 (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

57848 XB Subaru BRZ (TT-01 chassis TYPE-E)

TRF Wrench Aluminum Turnbuckle

TRF Drive shaft for the double cardan (this size 42/2)

TRF pinion holder 12

TRF 2mm hex driver chips for electric [tentative]

TRF For electric screwdriver tip 7mmBOX [tentative]

TRF ball 2mm hex wrench [tentative]

TRF aluminum body mount adjusters [tentative]

Sand Viper II Body Set [tentative]

54417 Assist steering sensor unit TGU-01

Silicon differential oil # 500 000

Silicon differential oil # 1 million

RM-01 height gauge (0.2mm step)

54425 Steel Joint Cup for TRF417 Giyadefu (L · R)

54427 RM-01 Carbon Rear Shaft [tentative]

54428 Steel Bevel Gear Set for TA06

TA06 Aluminum Rear Upright (0 degrees)

DT-02 Carbon Damper Stay (Front)

DT-02 Carbon Damper Stay (Rear)

DB02 Aluminum Suspension Mount (Front 2.5 degrees)

DB02 Aluminum Suspension Mount (Front 3.5 degrees)

DB02 Aluminum Upper Arm Mount (2)

DB02 Carbon Damper Stay (Rear)

54439 TRF201 suspension blocks weight (0 degrees)

54440 TRF201 suspension blocks weight (5 degrees)

54441 DB02 Aluminum Suspension Mount (Rear)

Spacer set ride height adjustable front skid RM-01 (with 4 mm Chitanbisu)

Sign me up for a R390GT1 and M06R. I'm a little curious about the Aero Avante body on the DF02 chassis as well as the Sand Viper II body.

-Paul

I'm a little curious about the Aero Avante body on the DF02 chassis

-Paul

Me tooo, i just hope its more worthy of the Avante name than their previous DF-03 effort

I am very interested to see how they manage the front end styling of this DF02-based Aero Avante. With the chunky front gearbox housing of the DF02, it will be a challenge to give the model a sleek Avante-esque nose.

I hope it is a success though - I would like to add another DF02 to my collection. Anyone know when some pics may be released, or if any have been leaked already?

Maybe they will be lower so you can fill the holes in the Sand Rover shell ?

58550 Aero Avante (DF-02 Chassis) sounds interesting; lets hope its better thant he DF-03 based Avante ?

Don't kid yourself. -_- /punchface

Another low-blow to the legendary Avante series. I guess we can all keep pretending it's not happening.

10182895b.jpg

187011.jpg

187012.jpg

Given that the DF02 chassis is even less performance-oriented than the DF03, as well as wider and generally chunkier, I think that it will most likely be even further removed from the spirit of the original Avante.

The original was complex, expensive and bred for racing, while I anticipate that this DF02 version will be simple, affordable and a great basher.

I think I want one!

I am very interested to see how they manage the front end styling of this DF02-based Aero Avante. With the chunky front gearbox housing of the DF02, it will be a challenge to give the model a sleek Avante-esque nose.

Its going to be a challenge - there's very little space between the DF-02 shock tower to runa body through and they'd have to extend the front bumper forward too if they wanted to emulate the true avante series

I much prefer my DF-01 to my son's DF-02 actually. The DF-02 suffers from poor ground clearance (which picks up all the dirt and debris as a result)and just doesn't drive anything like as well.

I also really liked my DF01 - wish I hadn't sold it now - and I agree that the stock DF02 is no match for it. However with the variety of hop-ups available for the DF02, it is possible to turn it into something pretty awesome. I can see that being the way my DF02 Aero Avante project would go - load it with some carefully-chosen hop-ups and see what sort of beast it could be turned into. The Avante name desrves nothing less IMHO.

the r390 might make me pull the plug on a tt01e.

i wonder what this is though

58552 1/10RC Asuterion (XV-01T)

an T version of the xv-01 ?

When the XV01 was released in rally car guise, the press release indicated that the chassis was to form the basis for some truck models too, giving rise to worries amongst Scaler fans that Tamiya would see it as an alternative to the CC01, and not bother to develop a CC02. It would be my assumption that this is the first of these trucks, although having never heard of a full-size vehicle called an Asuterion, I'm guessing it won't be a CC01-style scaler, but perhaps something along the lines of a poor man's Vajra?

although having never heard of a full-size vehicle called an Asuterion, I'm guessing it won't be a CC01-style scaler

Could just be a translation mistake - they have an XB Buggy Attack (Shark mouse) in that list which, unless they've discovered a real funky way of gene-splicing a shark and a mouse, should read XB Buggy Attack (Shark mouth)

My guess is "A Citroen" :lol:

Aye, it could be. Although it could also be a made-up name, probably inspired by King Asterion from Greek mythology. After all, if the Vajra can be named after a Buddhist symbol, why not name a car after a Greek king?

And while I think that a Sharkmouse could be an interesting animal, and inspiration for an interesting vehicle, I'm pretty certian that they are referring to an XB version of 58539 - the Shark Mouth FAV. :)

When the XV01 was released in rally car guise, the press release indicated that the chassis was to form the basis for some truck models too, giving rise to worries amongst Scaler fans that Tamiya would see it as an alternative to the CC01, and not bother to develop a CC02. It would be my assumption that this is the first of these trucks, although having never heard of a full-size vehicle called an Asuterion, I'm guessing it won't be a CC01-style scaler, but perhaps something along the lines of a poor man's Vajra?

would a belt drive vehicle be suited for a scaler,trail runner, crawler ?

In the vast majority of cases, the answer would be "no". Shaft-driven live axles are the way to go for most scaler/trail/crawler projects.

In the vast majority of cases, the answer would be "no". Shaft-driven live axles are the way to go for most scaler/trail/crawler projects.

thought so

shame there is no cc02 coming yet , ill probably just get an axial dingo and mod it into a defender,

Precisely. The entire premise behind the CC/XC chassis (aside from being affordable) is the mixing of live and independent axles. If there's ever anything that carries the CC-02 designation, you can bet Tamiya will have a live axle in the rear.

That said, it's going to be tough for them to best the original XC... Any addition I can think of would probably increase the RRP considerably :unsure:

I read the 'Asuterion' release as an Astute re-release the first time through... But the most intriguing ones for me would be the Aero Avante on the DF-02 and the R390 GT1.

Me, I actually liked the Aero Avante as a Mini 4WD body and look forward to what the RC version may look like, even if the DF-02 is not that impressive.