GregM

New Tamiya RC items to be presented at 52th All Japan Model Hobby Show 2012

Guys, it's the "rototiller" cover, not a wing. :lol:

And it doubles as the wheelie bar to prevent backflips, I bet.

Another scale opportunity, then? A set of rototiller blades mounted back there could replace a wheelie bar!

The looks of the tractor are starting to grow on me...

Guys, it's the "rototiller" cover, not a wing. :lol:

And it doubles as the wheelie bar to prevent backflips, I bet.

Couple more pics of the rear end, from GregM's link

Hope it's a replaceable part, separate to the main shell :lol:

Even though there is a WR-02 wheelie bar too, the 'rototiller' will be the first lexan bit to hit tarmac :(

It's called the 'Farm King' :(

http://www.tamiyausa...roduct-id=58556

The Farm King is an R/C assembly kit based on the popular WR-02 2WD platform.

The newly designed tractor body shell is a reproduction of a farm vehicle often seen in farms across the U.S.A.

tiller.jpgtiller2.jpg

Couple more pics of the rear end, from GregM's link

Hope it's a replaceable part, separate to the main shell :lol:

Even though there is a WR-02 wheelie bar too, the 'rototiller' will be the first lexan bit to hit tarmac :(

It looks like the rototiller cover thing could be easily omitted without harming the looks or structural integrity of the shell, as long as the body post locations are altered. I'd be very tempted to trim it off flush with the back of the rear mudguards, then make use of a pair of straight body posts spaced out from the chassis, so that the body mounts via holes in the mudguards themselves.

I find myself really wanting one of these. I have often considered adding one of the "wheelie" Tamiyas to my collection, but so far I have been put off by the fact that they all seem to be built to 1/12 scale or smaller while all my other cars are 1/10 scale. But here we have one built to 1/10 scale (judging by the driver, who also appears behind the wheel of the 1/10 scale Sand Rover, Street Rover, Holiday Buggy, etc.) To me it is just crying out for a JCB colour/decal theme!

Preventing a buggy from bottoming out will snap off your damper towers. A very common problem with the TL01B if you try and use it for jumping and leave on the touring car length dampers/pogo-sticks. Also seen with some, in error, that decide to add rubber tube to the dampers to stop the tub from bottoming out completely.

Yes and that's a suspension issue...ie jumping with the wrong length shocks (touring car shocks).

Weight balance of the chassis affects how heavy you setup the spring rates. A heavy front end means heavy front springs which affects control. And the cycle of cause and effect continues....

On a correctly designed chassis, the suspension should be able to support the weight period. It doesn't matter if it's front heavy or not. Many chassis designs use longer front shocks than rear. If you look at any properly designed 2WD buggy, you'll see that the rear doesn't bottom out even though most of the weight is over the rear. Why is that? It's because the suspension is properly designed with long shocks instead of short touring car shocks. Or to put it another way a "buggy" that has touring car shocks as part of its design is not well suited for jumping.

Yes and that's a suspension issue...ie jumping with the wrong length shocks (touring car shocks).

On a correctly designed chassis, the suspension should be able to support the weight period. It doesn't matter if it's front heavy or not. Many chassis designs use longer front shocks than rear. If you look at any properly designed 2WD buggy, you'll see that the rear doesn't bottom out even though most of the weight is over the rear. Why is that? It's because the suspension is properly designed with long shocks instead of short touring car shocks.

You can create large suspension stroke with short shocks. All you have to do is lay the shock down and use a VERY stiff spring (like Avante or Optima). The small stroke of the shock coupled with the long stroke of the suspension will make the setup seem much softer. The problem with this short stroke of the damper requires extremely stiff valving & fluid to function. This makes the damper very difficult to optimize. Also the short damper body has trouble consistency.

It looks like the sign for the FARM KING says WR-02G. What do you think the "G" stands for? (Don't say green). ;)

And yes, I'm getting one and a spare body set if available...

Cheers,

Skottoman

It looks like the sign for the FARM KING says WR-02G. What do you think the "G" stands for? (Don't say green). ;)

... 'Griculture? Maybe we will see this chassis again as a Super G-type upgrade spec for the WR-02? Those are honestly the only two things coming to mind right now, though I sure hope more possible meanings come up later!

Could well be - the rear wheels are different so from a spares point of view they gotta differentiate the chassis somehow

'G'ardening I reckon

WR-02Gerroff Moi Laaand :lol: :lol:

Immediately I'll mount little front wheels like 2WD buggy wheels for example.

Max

Cheers,

Skottoman

Played a lot of TMBG for my kids when they were younger...

-Paul

Don't know if this is cold coffee:

rcmart (Hongkong) has some of the latest Tamiya cars allready listed as on stock

such as

58550 Aero Avante

58555 Mazda 787

and others

see their hp for pics of the cars and boxes(not allowed to post the link,i guess) :)

The looks of this Farm King has really grown on me. I initially thought the front wheels were regular WW2 wheels and would look hideous in combination with the MB type rear wheel but I guess I was looking from the wrong angle - I think they are TLT-1 wheels on the front which does scale it nicely.

Screenshot2013-01-11at173129_zps9b78ff44.png

Cheers,

Skottoman

Yeah I wondered that too. If you look at the chassis cutaway shot on the box it looks like the front upright is different to the regular WR-02 chassis but picture isn't clear enough to make out any detail... steering rods do seem to be coming out of the chassis at an alarming angle though, compared to my stock WR-02s anyway.

Screenshot2013-01-11at172422_zps1f6b893a.png

Overall though I think I'll end up seriously considering getting one of these.

Oh, I just realised, if that IS a TLT wheel on the front then they've probably done a hex conversion on the front which would be reason enough to give the chassis a seperate designation.

Indeed. It looks like it could be running TL01-style C-hubs and knuckles, with stub axles as used at the rear of the M03/M05, and TLT-style wheels up front.

Wonder when they are due to go on sale in the UK?

They are TLT style front wheels, the tyres' inner sidewall is thinner than the outer.

The 2WD hex conversion's not that hard to implement, most of the modern 2WD 'touring' cars have undriven wheels running hexes

Be interesting to see if the front and rear wheel patterns match though - the TLT has round holes whereas the Twin Det (et al) wheel has offset spokes

i dont know what the guys in Tamiya's product department are smoking but that thing is just FUGLY - and IMO totally pointless . For heavens sake a wheelie tractor . what come next - a rc turd ????/

Missing from this list:

• a true scaler with leaf springs and axles (think scx10))

• a newly updated racer inspired Monster Truck

me so sad

:(

I could be happy the same with a CC style chassis with both solid axles :rolleyes:

i dont know what the guys in Tamiya's product department are smoking but that thing is just FUGLY - and IMO totally pointless . For heavens sake a wheelie tractor . what come next - a rc turd ????/

Why is it any more pointless than a wheelie Jeep, Unimog, Pajero, Ford pickup or Dodge van? :lol:

If it appeals to people it'll sell, if not it'll be a collector's item in a few years - win/win

• Like 1