GregM

New Tamiya RC items to be presented at 52th All Japan Model Hobby Show 2012

You can see the Willy Tractor at TamiyaBlog.

Looks like the rear tyres are Monster Beetle pin spike type!!!

OMG, it's got a happy frog face :blink:

Not what I quite had in mind... I was picturing a more classic tractor, straddled by Willy with potentially 2wd buggy front tyres.

Might have to make that myself <_<

You can see the Willy Tractor at TamiyaBlog.

Looks like the rear tyres are Monster Beetle pin spike type!!!

I hope future pics look better than that abortion - horrid.

Oh, that Tractor is great! Too bad it's lexan... But I can see some good custom builds with that as a starting point for sure!

I wouldn't put it on the WR-02 chassis though...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Oh, that Tractor is great! Too bad it's styrene... But I can see some good custom builds with that as a starting point for sure!

I wouldn't put it on the WR-02 chassis though...

Cheers,

Skottoman

BUT fit the front tires on the rear wheels and maybe grasshopper smoothies on the fronts ???? fill the headlight recesses and fit headlights to the top of the front wings ???????/ Could look good with a little work .

I hope future pics look better than that abortion - horrid.

Its the colour and liver thats all wrong IMO . It would look better in john deer green or case red . Even JCB yellow perhaps . And the headlights need moving to the top of the front wings.

After seeing that video, now I MUST get one of these bodies to see if I can make something similar...

Wonder if you could split and cut down the standard wheelie tires to make a narrow "tractor" tire..? Hmmm

After seeing that video, now I MUST get one of these bodies to see if I can make something similar...

Wonder if you could split and cut down the standard wheelie tires to make a narrow "tractor" tire..? Hmmm

I dont see why not after all thats being done with sand blaster tires for ages .

Wow, I can't wait to see what some of you guys come up with as variations on this tractor. Fox/Wild One front tyres would certainly look the part.

I think this might be great for kids. I know my boys would flip out if this was under the Xmas tree.

Or;

I know a guy that turbo'ed his ride on lawnmower, but that's a cake taker right there, I lol'ed :lol:

You know what, I quite like this WR02 tractor thingy, It's probably the most original, diverse thing I've seen from tamiya in ages, I might have to acquire one, I have and Idea..... :ph34r:

The biggest surprise for me was seeing the Holiday Buggy driver at the wheel of the tractor!

That Grasshopper reminds me of the old promo videos where they have several examples of one model running in different paint schemes, though I do not think a green one was in the original video... Still, it looks good, as do the Ferrari and the XV-01TC!

I quite like the centralised headlights on the Tamiya tractor. A lot of modern full-size tractors go with this location, and I think it looks neat. Fitting light buckets and lenses shouldn't be hard.

I don't have any of the "cartoon" Tamiyas in my collection yet, and I am quite tempted to make this my first one. (But then I am also being tempted by the black Lunchbox, which would get the A-team treatment. Decisions, decisions...)

How could anyone hate that face? :)

Anyone have any pics from the back? There seems to be a protruding lump of bodywork back there that seems a bit out-of-place...

Anyone have any pics from the back? There seems to be a protruding lump of bodywork back there that seems a bit out-of-place...

It looks to me to be a big rear wing, but i could be wrong. :unsure:

Colin.

Have a look at the video on tamiyablog....49:40 in and you can see it in all of it's glory. Here's a snippet...

ddd.jpg

Interesting. It does indeed look like some sort of wing on the back there, but it looks like it has been mounted upside-down!

I wonder if, like many buggy wings, it isn't moulded as part of the body, but inverted, and should be cut off and sprayed the other way around, then mounted back on the vehicle?

I can imagine a scenario wherein there was a miscommunication between the people who designed the body, and the people who prepped the model for the show, and by the time they worked out what had happened, it was too late, so in order to not to "lose face", Tamiya are now acting as if it is supposed to be like that...