Sign in to follow this  
deano1977

Wheel choice and fittment - GH2

Hello all. One of my cars, a Grasshopper 2 has cracked wheels and i'd love to replace with the yellow Super G ones - but of course they are rarely for sale.

I see plenty of buggy wheels for sale on eBay but im uncertain what will fit my GH2? Are they fairly universal?

:)

It depends on the type of wheel adapter you have fitted to your Grasshopper 2. If you have the 12 mm hexagonal types, you can fit a number of aftermarket buggy wheels as many use this adapter. This of course opens up options for colours, and from there you can find a set of wheels that can match the original Super G types in colour.

Though from what I see in the manual, the Grasshopper 2 only uses unique adapters in the rear and runs 1150 bearings inside the front wheels. In that case, you can source front wheels from at least any buggy using a similar axle diameter as your car (there are lots from the Tamiya lineup, like the Frog, Grasshopper, Hornet, Striker, etc.), while using the stock adapters you can use the rear wheels from the Frog. To use any other wheel on the rear, though, you will need to change the adapters to fit.

If using stock Tamiya wheels in white, you can also dye them yellow to match the original Super G wheels.

Thanks for the help. I think i will look for some wheels that i like, then assess if i need adaptors.

I like some of 5 spoke dayglo wheels on ebay which are reasonable price.

What about tyres, is there a good shop to use - £20 per pair seems expensive (ebay).

Dean

Super Fighter G wheels and tires are cheap, and the rears will fit by using a hex adaptor. This adaptor is needed because of the Grasshopper II's long rear axles.

This is Tamiya's own adaptor: https://www.tamiyaus...roduct-id=53913

There are also aftermarket adaptors available through various sellers.

Mad Fighter wheels do also have hex fitment at the rear.

If you use Wild One you don't need adapters and you can dye them in the color you like.

Max