Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Painting hard bodies on the inside...

Do you do it? If so what colour do you tend to use and do you do it before or after the outside. Any tips?

Just about finished the first coat of white on my new SS body and I'm wondering what to do about the inside of the shell.

chris

logo_member2.gif

sometimes I do Sometimes I dont , if it had been stripped and the inside was stained then I would paint it , also if you can see a lot of the inside when its built . I think its your choise and I cant see it making much difference to value .

And I always use halfords acrylic paint spray .

Cheers Alan

logo_member2.gif

Thanks Blondiniboy , I still feel stupid though !!!!

Edited by - synchrocnc on 13 Oct 2002 13:30:47

Painting the inside first is a good way to test out the paint you are about to use. If you are using spray cans, you can get a feel for how fast to move the can and how far to hold it. You can get away with minor screw ups on the inside..

Syncrocnc...

Check out my thread, Help...am i stupid, in the talk about Tamiyaclub.com section, i would put a link to it here if i could, i'm completely baffled, but it helped me to sort this one out. >>>

logo_member2.gif

Oh, by the way chris, i think i'll paint the inside of my SS matt white when i get round to re-stripping and painting it.

quote:

Syncrocnc...

Check out my thread, Help...am i stupid, in the talk about Tamiyaclub.com section, i would put a link to it here if i could, i'm completely baffled, but it helped me to sort this one out. >>>

logo_member2.gif

Oh, by the way chris, i think i'll paint the inside of my SS matt white when i get round to re-stripping and painting it.

id=quote>id=quote>

Help, I'm stupid <-- Look a link you guys! you know, those blue words to click on! icon_smile_wink.gif

And who told our 'smart' BLONDiniboy how to make that fancy Tamiyaclub-button? icon_smile_tongue.gif He was a dumb blond at first too, so don't worry too much Alan icon_smile_wink.gif

I guess I'm the smartest here...icon_smile_evil.gif muhahaha (This doesn't mean I din't need your help anymore, guys! hehehe icon_smile_shy.gif oops)

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

Sjoerd ,

I suppose I should have thanked you aswell , so cheers .

Now if you want to be really clever then please tell me how to make uploaded images in my showroom appear in posts on this forum .icon_smile_tongue.gif

Cheers Alan

Yo Alan

How goes it??

To have showroom images appear here, you have to stick em on another server, then link to them.

I'm on BTinternet and they give you so much web space, so you just upload the .jpgs to this space, then use computer jargon to show the image.

For instance, the rough rider logo below is at www.kerm1t.btinternet.co.uk/rr.jpg

To get the image to show up, you need to type

{img}www.kerm1t.btinternet.co.uk/rr.jpg{/img} replace the {} brackets with [] brackets though

id=red>

I tried linking to an online photo album before now, but couldn't get that to work.

sinature.jpg

logo_member2.gif

Edited by - TWINSET on 13 Oct 2002 23:23:38

Look, I have this pic linked from my showroom!

Hovercraft1001.JPG

MAGIC! Martinif21006.JPG

Who's the smart guy? icon_smile_cool.gif lol

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>