Goodsy

My Landrover High Lift

First mod. The Landrover is now brushless. Installed a Hobbywing 45amp esc and 1500KV 3650 motor.

It has begun.

Brushless.jpg

What next. Love tinkering with this thing. Have taken the diff lock pins out as the turning circle was atrocious. Might put the rear back in

You mean this;

Can anyone explain the rear hub locking bar to me. It looks stock but is a bit of a weak link?

You mean this?

T5.jpg

That plate spanning the knuckles isn't a stock piece, nor any aftermarket part I've seen

You can access the build manual for one of the High Lifts here; http://www.tamiyausa...roduct-id=58372

The stock setup is a 3mm diameter steel link - similar to the front end, unless that's been swapped out too;

gallery_7.jpg

Who's D90 body is it? RC4WD? It looks like it is a perfect fit which surprises me because I would have expected it to have been too short without modifying the chassis.

Have you seen this one? It was made by TCer Mcovalsk: http://www.tamiyaclu...=97608&sid=6228

Now I have. Nice rig. A little high for my liking but if is was mine I wouldn't complain. Still got a long road with this one. So much to do.

Added some lights for night driving. It looks so cool. I'm such a kid. :lol:

lightbar.jpg

Headlights next.

Added some bar work. Cost about $5 for the ally and a bit of fab work. Pretty happy with the result. :)

landybarwork_zps1ee0c6c6.jpg

sharp looking

tires look a bit small though for decent offroading, check RC4WD for some scale 1.9's

I'm back. Was a look at me on the shelf while I chased speed with varoius expensive offrorders. Got to 100kph with an eRevo but I'm back.

Love my Tamiya :)

What wheels do you recomend now?

I think the current outer diameter are pretty good for true scale to the body, only problem is the Tamiya tyres are pretty dire performers, a bit too much plastic in the formulation i feel.

You could look at Kongs or KRT - you need something around 90-96mm (but check what you have first !). A lot of the 1.9" tyres from RC4Wd and the chinese copies are 100mm,104mm and even bigger - fine for open wheeled competition style rock crawlers but not great for bodies with closed wheel wells.

You may be able to move the shocks to the lower screw hole on the axle case rather than the upper one you have now - this will reduce the gap above the tyre, effectively lowering the ride height by ca 10mm

You may be able to move the shocks to the lower screw hole on the axle case rather than the upper one you have now - this will reduce the gap above the tyre, effectively lowering the ride height by ca 10mm

Ok. Did this today and now the "shocks" are binding. Going back to original setup.

Ok. Did this today and now the "shocks" are binding. Going back to original setup.

That's odd, plenty of people have moved the shocks ( taking the blocks under the leaf springs as well). No issue on mine but perhaps I have a bit more clearance with the Gmade shocks I have fitted

Not binding on any body part but click when compressed from fully extended.

Question. Can you remove them? I cannot see a use for them at 10kmph???

More work on the truck today. Now I need to find side mirrows for the D90 body. Any ideas?

More work on the truck today. Now I need to find side mirrows for the D90 body. Any ideas?

eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/171578109328

or maybe shapeways for 3D printed items.

I dare say rc4wd do them, perhaps also check killerbody brand at asiatees.com as their marauder body is a landie clone

• Like 1

Upgrading the the steering to a Savox SC-1257tg going to better than the Futaba S3003 that was in there!