Sign in to follow this  
tamiyafier

What bodies do you run on your TA02T?

I would like to run my F-150 shell, but I feel that it would be too good to ruin. The S10 and Prerunner shells by themselves are pretty overpriced for what they are, so buying one off eBay is out of the question. Are there any alternative shells that fit relatively well and still look like trucks?

Or will I have to run a hacked up TC shell?

Recent releases with truck bodies that will fit (250mm wheelbase):

#58482 Stadium Blitzer (Blitzer)

#58495 Ford F-150 (TA02T)

#58511 Nissan Titan (DT02)

#58537 Desert Fielder (TA02T)

Coming: Asuterion (XV01T)

The long wheelbase CC01 bodies should be made to fit. The 257mm wheelbase tourer type truck bodies (Like the HPI El Camino) can be made to fit.

I'm happy to just run the F-150 body. They're not in short supply at the moment with them being recently re-released. I quite like the look of the HPI Step Side F-150 tourer body as another option.

These are prepainted , cheap and good for regular runners..

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337c3d6023

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3376ea012d

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d01b902b3

I've bought a few different designs of their shells and all have been decent quality - you only have to trim the shell up, cut the post holes and off you go - an hours work from receipt to running. The pickup designs should give enough wheelarch for the bigger tyres, the van design is perhaps more designed for touring sized wheels.

Check out their other shells - the Porsche Cayenne one is probably a bit too long to fit properly (265mm wheelbase)

Check out their other shells - the Porsche Cayenne one is probably a bit too long to fit properly (265mm wheelbase)

The TA02T can be arranged in wheelbases from 238mm to 277mm wheelbase by using different combinations of TA01/TA02 tubs and suspension arms.

You could even get it to fit nicely under a 1:8 Savage/T-Maxx body (as some here have done before).

The Tamiya pc Brat shell is also a good fit. The result is a true 4WD Brat. I tried this on my TA02T which has Top Force suspension arms though so the wheelbase is only a couple of mm shorter than standard arms. Sorry, no pics as I had to return the Brat shell to it's rightful owner.

I dunno... I originally thought that the S10, Prerunner and F-150 shells would be cheap, what with all the re-releases and everything. I just can't justify dropping $30+ on a shell alone, without decals or anything.

I'll try and explore my options...

For under $30 you're looking at the chinese copies of brand name bodies like the ones Percymon linked. Most HPI body sets are around $40-$45 in Aus, and Tamiya ones which are just that little bit more detailed, slightly more expensive. Even the teambluegroove copies (which are pretty good quality) are $30 before postage costs.

There are also these from Seben - cheap as chips and tough too.

Uninsured shipment to Aus is 5 euros so under 14euros all in is about as cheap as it gets !

Eh, I'll pass on those...

Thanks though!

I think my best bet as this point is to just run the F-150.