Hi all

I have recently upgraded my Brat to 2.4ghz, and bought this pretty basic 2.4GHz radio from Tamco, found here:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamco-rc-2.4ghz-2-channel-fhss-sport-stick-combo/rc-car-products/367560

It's been working fine up until today, where for some reason, every time I pushed the the stick fully forward (as in full speed) the motor would just cut out, and not respond for a few seconds. You could drive happily with the stick below full push, but every time you pushed the stick fully forwards the motor cuts out. I swapped out the Tamco receiver for my original Acoms 27mhz receiver and everything worked fine and as normal. I therefore assume the problem is with the radio. Could anyone suggest a reason for this happening? And how may I fix it without returning or re-buying the radio set?

Thanks in advance,

Mack

which esc do you have ? maybe the failsafe on either the receiver or esc is kicking in . you can also try rebinding and recalibrating

Hi, about the Tamco stick radio on 2.4GHz that you have and linked to... does the throttle stick go only up and down, and not left and right as well? Also, does the steering stick go only left and right, and not up and down as well? Is the throttle (up/down) on the left or the right stick?

What is the distance between the centres of the ends of the 2 sticks (when each is vertical) in mm ?

Are both left and right sticks spring loaded? Or just one stick spring loaded? Or neither stick spring loaded? Are the springs too strong or about right? Is there a ratchet action on the throttle stick?

What batteries does the TX take? Can you use rechargeables in the TX? How long do they last?

Is the receiver BEC? What voltages range does the RX take?

What is the range like in a built up area ? Does the car glitch at all anywhere in operation and if so where?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me on this radio set.

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

Had a similar problem with a Flysky GT3b and an Mtroniks sport 20 esc.

What kind of ESC are you using?

My problem was that the throttle setting on the remote was more than 100% and this caused the ESC to cut off, because it thought it became a faulty signal (went into failsafe mode).

Could also be that if using an ESC without BEC built in (such as the Tamiya 101 & 104 models) then the receivers are being fried by the battery voltage they're being supplied.

only time i had a prob was the end point was at 100% when setup got changed to 120% and it cut out at full stick but thats on pro version .but if the trims are not in middle at setup can get same prob and have you reversed throttle after setup as that can do it . they work fine on 101 104 not fried a receiver use the hk310 rx now

we have three sets of the HK-310, i fried five rx before i noticed the tamiya 101 and 104 have no bec, used a ubec until i finally replaced my tamiya esc's.

You're scaring me now Mark, I better order a few ubecs in time for Clumber!