speedy_w_beans

Tamiyaclub USA Members

I agree in the building aspect 100%. I love building them as much as running them. I love trying new things with the cars to see if you can get them totally dialed in. Soo much fun.

connecticut here. it's been a while since i was on tc. been doing alot of racing (mostly associated off road, abc genetic on road).

been into tamiya since 84. still have a bunch of them, a few actually get raced at the vintage off road nationals held in ct every year.

this year i plan on racing my dirt thrasher and my race clod, along with an old jrx2 and rc10t.

• Like 1

HOUSTON Texas here, actually Tomball, a small city within the burbs here in NNW of Harris county. I love the building more than most things with the running and/or painting of my models as can be seen by my vast array of "X-ray" cars. I would easily travel to most metroplexes of Texas for a real meet that included a Tamiya run, but it seems Nobody around here has an affection for Tamiya as they do with the RTR that can be thrown onto the track right after the purchase. No building means no idea of how to fix it if you ask me, but then I think those folks also know more about settings and all the extra stuff that they will need if all they have to do is WIN WIN WIN as all the other buyers will eventually tell them what to get, but none of that EXTRAS will amount to much if you don't just DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE, but if they drive RC the same way as they do their real cars, well that explains a ton to me. :P

Mr PINTO POWER is working on a Tamiya Vintage classic run in December of this year over in CA, be a bit too far for me to get to, but perhaps you folks over there on the West Coast can get into it since all the allowed cars can be put together in about 45 minutes flat. If you have a Frog, you are restricted to a 380 motor, but the rest of the class will be open to silver cans. I hope he gets plenty of attention to the real fun of the hobby vs the concentrated effort of WINNING is LIFE. I don't also sanction giving everyone a WINNING ribbon either, just let sports be sports 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc even DNF, I wonder how many texters and such know what that might mean???

Cheers and such y'all

Chris

I was in Houston last week for Lone Star Mopar Fest.

Man I love that town, I have some great peeps there... but they make me drink waaaaay to much rum...

• Like 1

Don't forget the map...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/map.asp

That only shows paying members. I know at least 5 more people in Vegas that are not shown.

We need some more USA members and some regional TC meets; those Brits can't have all the fun!

USA is kinda big for that.

Speedy you ain't that far from me kiddo.

Anybody else in the Carolina's?

Yeah, you're right... Got any good places near you to run some cars? I have Hobby Park in Winston-Salem, which is an ok place to bash. Actually, there are plenty of parks to bash around in. King RC up in King, NC has an outdoor track anyone can use anytime for free, except on race days (first Saturday of the month). We used to have an indoor track in Greensboro (C&C, then Bluegroove RC). I was thinking about visiting the HobbyTown in Mooresville; they have some racing. Wilkesboro has an indoor on-road track. Check this out for local tracks and racing action: http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/.

I'm the only person I know of in my area.. know a couple people in the twin cities but I never get down there and my RC's never run long enough to bother going down there LOL

Speedy there are quite a few places to run. Really depends on what you wanna run. I'm thinking I'll need to finish my TT01 before we meet up.

Speedy there are quite a few places to run. Really depends on what you wanna run. I'm thinking I'll need to finish my TT01 before we meet up.

Happy to get out and get some cars dirty! I can bring out the Grasshopper, Mad Bull, B4, Durga, NEXX8, and Wheely King for some bashing around! I'd like to check out your Magnum as well. PM me sometime and we can set something up.

Happy to get out and get some cars dirty! I can bring out the Grasshopper, Mad Bull, B4, Durga, NEXX8, and Wheely King for some bashing around! I'd like to check out your Magnum as well. PM me sometime and we can set something up.

I'll hit you up soon. The last race of the season is the 2nd of November in New Jersey. The wife is going with me and we're gonna hit NYC after the race for a week.

Once we get back, I'll hit ya up.

I have a buddy who has an insane place to run crawlers if you have one.

As far as buggies, there are quite a few places close to me. I really wanna hit Hornets Nest BMX park.

Hey there, first post!

From the shore area of New Jersey, near Belmar and Asbury Park.

Currently playing with a rere Hornet and hopping it up. Would love to meet up with others in the area.

:)

Mike

Santa Cruz, California here.

Tamiya fan since 1981.

Word.

I'm just over the hill in San Jose

many moons ago I met up with Toykid once down at El Segundo Beach which was fun

• Like 1

Olympia, Wa here. There's a couple of us TC'ers up in these parts :D