speedy_w_beans

Tamiyaclub USA Members

That only shows paying members. I know at least 5 more people in Vegas that are not shown.

USA is kinda big for that.

94eg! is a legend here in Sin City!!!

I'm in Soquel, CA (Santa Cruz area). If you're in the area, hit me up.

• Like 1

Colorado Springs, Colorado here. Know of one other member here.

Holding it down for the Washington DC metro area right here! Rockville Maryland to be specific.

Been a Tamiya fan since I was 12. I'm 36 now. Just go a Clod for my birthday!! In SW Arkansas. Have Tamiya loving kids too! One is 14 and says he likes kits so he knows how to fix them. He is starting off right! Like has been said earlier though. If I wouldn't had been there to introduce Tamiya...they would have gone Traxxas or HPI for sure. Their first were a Lunchbox and Midnight Pumpkin. Now one has an axial. One has a wheely king, blackfoot xtreme, and dual hunter. He is selling two so he can get a Clod now. They love that thing!!

Welcome aboard, not overly far from you down here in Houston, just not all that close either. Texas sure is a big state with seemingly noone on TamiyaClub close to me

Fayetteville NC

Vintage

Frog

Blackfoot

Super Champ

2 Lunch Boxes

2 Monster Beetle

M38 Wild Willy

2 M01 Mini coopers

And several re releases and more modern discontinued cars.

Wellington Florida, home to

4 WW m38s 2 runners 1 shelfer 1 in bits.

1 Ranger xlt

1 hornet original

1 brat original

1 ta02 t

1 ta 02 sw porsche 84399

3 tt01

1 tundra high lift

1 dark impact

1 honda city turbo

1 wild one rere

1 madbull

2 traxxas slash 2wd and

1 traxxas slash 4wd rally

Most are runners come play in Florida

Southern PA here, just north of Baltimore. I haven't met another real Tamiya enthusiast face to face in well over 20 years. Honestly I've only seen two or three people messing about with RC cars of ANY kind in the last 15 years and they were Traxxas.

Well Saito2, I sure wish I could come meet you face to face, but the furthest East I make it these days is the Columbus OH area. It seems we could be seeing a decline in our hobby or just too much other stuff to do???

Thanks. Having you guys on the forum certainly helps. I think it's a combination of both. I probably don't see kids or adults messing around with RC because there's so much more competing for their attention nowadays. The decline of the hobby has closed 7 of the hobby shops that were within a 30 mile radius of me. Hobby shops were always a great place to meet fellow enthusiast and in the 80's, Tamiya was king. The 1 or two shops I'd travel to in the 2000s were all about Traxxas and only older employees seemed to have a vague interest in Tamiya. "Tamiya? (always pronounced Tam-I-ya) I used to have a Frog, you know? I think I read somewhere they're making those again." That would be the end of the conversation. At least I could get lexan paint there.

That nearly perfectly describes the happenings around me, but you can expand that closure of hobby shops from 30 miles to nearly 700 miles as I began my reintroduction to Tamiya collecting and repairing in the mid 2001 time frame. Oh, most folks in Texas pronounce it Tam-EYE-a. Funny huh???

Neat to see this thread still lives...

I guess as I get a little older it doesn't bother me if the hobby is popular or not.  It's something I can do as time permits.  It's always nice to have a little project to play with once the chores are done, even if that project takes 10x longer to complete than a focused build.  I suppose my interest in RC marks what decade I was teenager...

I'm only guessing that hobbies like RC follow the life cycle of the participants.  In my mind I think of electric trains as popular with teens from the 1950s, slot cars popular with teens from the 1960s/1970s, RC cars popular with teens from the 1980s/1990s, and video games popular with teens from the 1990s to present day.  So what are teens playing with these days that will be popular again in 25 years?  It's hard to imagine there will be vintage cell phone emulators out there and an Internet Archive of old apps; the tech is too disposable these days.  Maybe there will be intense Razor Crazy Cart races among adults in 25 years time?  Who knows...

Saito2, you're not so far from me. I'm about 45 minutes south of B-more. Can't say there's a whole lot of interest in my immediate area. Though there is a popular indoor track that caters to the SCT/buggy crowd. I have an Associated SCT, and although it's a blast to drive, my heart always returns to tamiya.

That's cool! You might the closest Tamiyaclub member to me. A long time ago there was a track in Cockeysville MD and there used to be one in Parkton (Nuclear RC, I think). 

Southwest Florida.  Naples specifically.  Very little Tamiya around here, mostly concentrated in Miami.   Always open to meet up, I know many great on-road bashing spots as well as some off-road.