Sign in to follow this  
Chrisdude

blitzer beetle question

I have an old stadium blitzer I've been slowly restoring into a blitzer beetle with new a beetle body and new body mounts. It has come time for the wheels. I wanted chrome wheels and street tires as used on the chrome edition BB. Searching this forum it has been said they are dynablaster rims.I recieved said rims this morning and test fited, the rears fit fine, the front stock shafts stick out far too much through the wheels. Was there a spacer used on chrome BB to use these wheels? Is there a proper way to mount them? The standard BB uses the stadium blitzer wheels

This is an extract from the member review on the main Tc pages..

miramars' thoughts on this model

Basically a Blitzer Beetle with a chromed body, but with slight differences. As the chrome Blitzer Beetle came with the chromed wheels from the TR-15T / Dyna Blaster with tarmac tires, it has shorter front stub axles because of the shorter distance between the wheel bearings.

You may be able to add spare bushings/bearings or washers to space the front wheel out to the screw threads for the lock nut, but the wheel track will increase and make the bump steer worse still.

If you don't have the specific manual then a parts list is available here..

http://www.tamiyausa...df/pl/58252.pdf

Sounds like you need to buy the correct front axles / uprights - part numbers 0445169 / 0445207 which are also used by the Bush Devil and Super Blackfoot, and Wild Willy 2. For WW2 they are parts of parts bag B, part number 9415593 which are available for under £10 shipped from jr-rc on eBay.

europro (Tony's Tamiya parts) on ebay has the uprights individually at £3.99ea + shipping

Tamiya's regular "short" 2WD front uprights are #58184 & #57501, a set of both is available in #0555059.

They are also used on the DT-02 Street Rover, which uses the same wheels as the Blitzer Beetle Chrome Edition.