IBIFTKH

Rob's Wild Willy Police project...(updated)

Thanks guys. Unfortuanately I don't get to dodge putting up crimbo lights, I've got 3 kids and their demands must be met! :)

A little more progress.

Made some tools

DSCF1668

Painted and fitted

Pc070002

Pc070004

cheers,
Rob

cool tools.. I made a shovle and axe for wild willy once or twice too....

print00001.jpg

print00003.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it was your thread that inspired me to try, thanks for the help and inspiration :)

Sweet work Rob - any chance of a video with the lights working ? i'am still on with my Cox/SRB short wheelbase project but i've had other things going on ie re fitting a new kitchen ect .

Those tools are awesome! Care to share how you are shaping them? Please don't tell me X-acto knife and sand paper only?

How did you get those holes in the jack to line up so well? You must have some better tools than I do...

Really great with these little details. I'm gonna have to do some stuff like this for my Samba... Maybe not a shovel and jack, but other small "implements"... ;)

Cheers,

Skottoman

[media=]

[/media]

thats excellent - did you use 2.4 gig radio gear as i've had issues with a 3racing lighting unit ?

Yeah, it's a LRP 2.4GHz radio. I've mainly got FlySky's but they don't work well with the 3Racing unit either.

Scott, I'm almost afraid to say it but just a knife and sandpaper (sorry!!!). The jack holes - I tape an oversize strip of plastic to a metal ruler, then I've got a reference for pilot holes. Drill holes, cut the strip to length, job done. I've learnt the hard way though, I've built 7 or 8 of the things, several have ended up in the bin.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the old X-acto and sandpaper would do the trick, just thought maybe you had some secrets to share! The ruler and taped styrene is a great idea though! This is why I love this club so much, as there are so many great ideas to be shared and passed around.

Cheers,

Skottoman

A little more progress, been working on the passenger seat

Pc110001

Pc130004

As you can see, there's still some tidying up and weathering to be done on the seat but it's getting there.

Cheers,
Rob

Yeah, it's a LRP 2.4GHz radio. I've mainly got FlySky's but they don't work well with the 3Racing unit either.

Scott, I'm almost afraid to say it but just a knife and sandpaper (sorry!!!). The jack holes - I tape an oversize strip of plastic to a metal ruler, then I've got a reference for pilot holes. Drill holes, cut the strip to length, job done. I've learnt the hard way though, I've built 7 or 8 of the things, several have ended up in the bin.

The one's that didn't work out , Maybe you could have aged it . Or broke it & made like it's been used & left for dead .

In the back of the willy ?. LOL . They look fantastic , what an artist .

I'm amazed of the talent in TC .

Thanks guys. Matman, I'll remember your advice next time I screw something up! :)
Scott, I'm just trying to follow the maestro...

I think I'm happy with the seat now, it's looking a bit more faded and used -

Pc130004

My daughters donated one of Barbie's cameras and I added a little painted detail. I quite like it just dumped on the seat. What do you think, use it or not?

Pc130005

Pc130006

Last but not least, a Skottoman-style mirror! It's a piece of broken re-re Scorcher mirror, some plasticard, half a paperclip and half an inch of aerial tube (and 2 hours of cutting, shaping sanding and swearing!!!)

Pc130007

Pc130009

Pc130010

cheers,
Rob

• Like 1

Great project Rob, with a great result to match!

Looking forward to your next build already; I see your advertising for victims!

I would really hate to see it in my rear-view mirror, but love seeing it here on Tamiyaclub! The finishing quality and creativity are both top-notch!

Thank you both, glad you like it. And yes, I think it would be slightly scary to see something like this in your mirrors :)
Singleseven, the next victim will be arriving shortly. That's going to be a nice simple one. It's the project after that, well that's going to be complicated...

But this one isn't finished yet.

The front now also has a winch. Again it's mainly there to tidy things up a bit.

Pc170004b

Pc170006b

Pc170002b

Pc170012

Ant's eye view

Pc170004

And some gratuitous flex shots

Pc170003

Pc170006

Pc170009

Pc170013

cheers,
Rob

• Like 2

That things SICK!!

AWESOME!!

What tires and wheels are they traxxas stampede?

Will they fit on a stock willy 2?

THANKS

What an awesome build! I love what you did with the seat, and I do think the camera should stay there...

The dual winches, and the fact they're painted blue are super cool!

And the tube/wire/mirror trick is a great way to add the mirror, but I can't believe it took you 2 hours to make?!

Looks superb, and unique for sure. So many lights, so many colors, and I love your subtle paint outlines on everything.

Classy build!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Cheers guys. The wheels and tyres aren't Traxxas, they're cheapies from Blacksmith on ebay. They were a yellow/gold chrome so I stripped them and repainted. They wouldn't fit straight onto a stock WW2, you'd have to do a hex conversion at the front.

Scott, you work much faster than me! The really time consuming bit was the frame around the glass. I cut everything slightly oversize and sanded back rather than trying to cut and sand a piece that ended up about 1mm wide!

Talking of cutting and sanding, here's the latest addition...

DSCF1688

cheers,
Rob