Sign in to follow this  
rcfuzzy

BMW M3 - Realistic Cockpit - Display Chassis - REBORN

Hi Guys,

here i´m back ....i´ve posted my project a few month ago on my Tamiyaclub-Showroom ... till i got the following Mail ....

Unfortunately, your recent entry to Tamiyaclub.com has been removed by a moderator who, after careful consideration has decided it was in breach of the club rules. Your subscription fee allows you to use this area of the site but with the restriction all entries must comply to the rules you agreed to when signing up for the club. In this instance your entry...

- Realistic Cockpit - Display Chassis - Part III - Please use the forums for updates to these CAD drawings, not the showrooms

Thanks

Sorry for that ... :angry: i really wouldn´t anger anyone neither brake any rules....i just wanted to share my interresting project with other TC-Members.

But after a time of beiing offended :D i´m back here to keep you all guys up to date......and now on the FORUM.

Waiting for your appreciated comments.

Many thanks to all.

RCFUZZY

BMW M3 - Realistic Cockpit - Display Chassis - Part I

This is my Prototype of a Realistic Cockpit for my BMW M3 Schnitzer.

It was always a wish to build this, if i had time space icon_smile_wink.gif It will be for my Display-Chassis (Shelf-Queen).

1002153small.jpg

1002155small.jpg

1002160small.jpg

1002159small.jpg

1002161small.jpg

to be continued :D .......but only if you are interrested

Anytime someone improve on Tamiay stuff is good to see. Thanks for sharing and look foward to the finished result. :)

Many thanks Guys .... i´ve promised you another part of my BMW Schnitzer Project......here it is ....... i always was thinking about a "as much as possible" looking shelf-queen

with all neccessary functions of adjustments and which is as flexible as possible.

As you can see on the pics ...... i´ve designed my own "shelf-queen-chassis" .......

everything is adjustable ..... steering, camber, body width and wheelbase ..... so you could use it for every kind of body ....... i´ve used standard Tamyia parts for fixing the wheels and custom-made steel, aluminium or Carbon parts for the rest ........

As i have collected more than 20 Tamiya bodies the project would be a less expensive way to show them on my shelf, without buying a 'real' chassis for every body.

bg004r.jpg

bg005.jpg

bg005b.jpg

bg016.jpg

.....do you want so see more ........

This is a fully scaled RECARO SPA Racing Seat ..... i´ve made a Prototype with a RP-Printer .....

bg014.jpg

dscn1445u.jpg

......to be continiued ..... :D

WOW !! this is fantastic stuff . Love the seat .

I bet you could sell 50-100 of those seats at the right price - they look great

Yes Mates, that is what i like....... for me this is an incentive for more stuff like this........

Here is the next......

I´ve designed a few more parts in 3D to build them as realistic as possible, to use them as a master or even for Rapid-Prototyping as on the RECARO Seat.

bg012.jpg

bg013.jpg

bg015.jpg

a1000001104b.jpg

the real DTM Wheel ....

bbsdtm.jpg

and the next Pic shows a few parts that i have already bought for my project..... :D ......hey guys thats not only a dream ......it´s getting more and more realistic

dscn1446.jpg

.....and today a bonus pic ..... :rolleyes:

render03.jpg

this is how it should look like if it finished ........

RCFuzzy

Velcro or magnetic body mounts would be great for this, to finish it right off!

There is a fellow here in aus that has one of the schnitzer e30's, he races it in historic touring cars over here, there are a few good vids on youtube if you are interested :)

His name is Bill Cutler, car is number 46

I'm looking forward to see it finished. In my oppinion the E30 M3 is the epitome of a touring car.

This is great! Those seats are awesome too. Serious lack of good interior scale seats in the market. I bet you could sell a lot. You'd just have to brand them something other than Recaro for copyright reasons most likely...

Cheers,

Skottoman

if you could make a cheap version of the chassis only i would buy it , since most of my cars have smoked window i have no need for the interior .

great work !