Sign in to follow this  
Deanej10

TA06 slow speed

I have a TA06 pro I am racing and is very slow in a straight line with the 68t spur/23t pinion. I used a 28t pinion today but was still very slow compared to everyone else I was racing in the 17.5t class.

Any ideas in a what spurs/pinions fit the TA06 as it is so new? I am guessing I need a pinion something like 35t plus??

The manual and stock motor mounting gives you options from 21t to 30t pinions using the 68T spur. Stock gearing (23/68) gives 6.41:1 ratio, 30T/68T gives 4.91:1 (page 22 of the manual)

ta06proratios.jpg

Given the model in question I'll ignore suggestions like check for binding / restrictions in the drivetrain, slipping belts etc

Is everyone using the same motor ?

Dean, you are massively, massively undergeared. Why aren't you asking me (or some of the other competitive blinky runners) these questions at the track? For the CWIC, you need to be starting around 4.0:1, for the club track, more like 4.5:1.

To get that kind of ratio you will need to change your spur - its worth switching to a non-Tamiya 48dp spur and pinion because there are more sizes available. Ian@MMR can probably help you find one with the right fitting for the TA06.

You were way off the pace yesterday, but you don't need to be if you just ask for a little help in getting the car prepared. Same with your Mini.

Dave