Sign in to follow this  
kontemax

DT-02 chassis convertion to Blitzer Beetle

Hi,

I'm in great difficult to find a used Blitzer Beetle to run.

I could buy a new one but I also own a NIB for shelf queen purpose and I'm not so happy to buy another NIB one and bash it. I prefer a cheaper ruined used one, it's a psychological problem, I'm sorry to ruin a new model.

So would like if in your opinion is possible to convert a DT-02 chassis to some sort of Blitzer Beetle with bodymounts and so on.

I know DT-02 gear ratio is too low for Blitzer bigger wheel but I solve this problem someway.

I never had a DT-02 chassis so don't really know it and don't know if conversion is possible.

And, at the end, is the DT-02 really more performing than Blitzer chassis? Is it tougher or faster or reliable or so on?

Thanks

Max

I heard that the DT-02 is in fact more resilient than the Blitzer Beetle, mostly in its drivetrain but also other items like suspension mounts. One of its great weaknesses is its 'proprietary gear system' - motor choices are governed by pinion size instead of the other way around. It would seem, then, that the DT-02 is at least tougher than the Blitzer Beetle chassis.

But, by the time you get tyres, wheels, long front stubs, some form of body mount, metal drive shaft conversion (since the plastic ones won't hold up to the extra load), some way of installing a 13 - 15 tooth pinion and a Blitzer/Scorcher body set, you could get a rere Blitzer new from Honkers?

"HONKERS" :) I like that! I'm going to use that a lot.

Run the customs gamble tho. Doesn't the DT02 have more upgrade options than the BB chassis?

Kamtec beetle shell sitting on HB2010 chassis... Wheels look about the right size to me, stick with the 17t pinion.

DSC02111.jpg

It is possible, but if you want a Blotzer, you could get a Stadium Blitzer or Stadium Tunder and a Kamtec body, and Badda Bing, Badda Bom you've got a Blitzer Beetle.

P.S.- I've got a Stadium Thunder for sale ;)

I haven't a DT because, in my opinion, it isn't sexy... two years ago I bought a Stadium Blitzer: it's simple, cheap, sexy and generous like a country girl. Max, get a Blitzer, and enjoy it! I'm not sure but converting a DT could be more expansive.

:D

Ok, I'm not really a great DT-02 fan, will still try to find the right chassis.

Max

The DT-02 chassis is the way to go with this one, I have an old sand scorcher body that will be used for mine. The DT-02 has tons of hop ups availible and the way Tamiya does new cars on this chassis, what is it 7 now ? Spares will be around a very long time :D

The DT02 chassis is far superior to the BB chassis.

Blitzer Beetle is re re now so no problems with spares.
As I said my problem is to have a good and cheap used Blitzer Bettle. Don't want to buy a NIB car to use as a runner.

Max