Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Where can I get good quality transfers \ Decals for the outside of Poly bodies

Hi All

Does anyone know where can I get good quality transfers \ Decals for the outside of Polycarbonate bodies from?

Like the quality you get with the ones ones you get with Tamiya RC cars?

I bought some so called decals off ebay and they were pants! Just printed on shiny white paper!

Please help my body on my new RC looks so plain!

give screenprintdigtial a look on ebay mate . Fine quality and excellent service

While your on ebait, have a look for "tamiya marking sticker". There are quite a few different generic designs and they are Tamiya stickers so great quality. Good Luck.

While your on ebait, have a look for "tamiya marking sticker". There are quite a few different generic designs and they are Tamiya stickers so great quality. Good Luck.

Top quality Tamiya decals for half the cost of most model specific ones - I got the stars n flames ones - the main decals are quite big, only suitable for bigger buggy shells, trucks etc, but there are medium and small versions on the same sheet too.

Top quality Tamiya decals for half the cost of most model specific ones - I got the starts n flames ones - the main decals are quite big, only suitable for bigger buggy shells, trucks etc, but there are medium and small versions on the same sheet too.

Sorry, phone error.

Yeah me too. Just used Star and Flame on my Astute GT and they look great. I like the look of the Flare marking sticker as well. I'll post pics once finished.

Here is some Tamiya Star & Flame marking stickers as example and a sneak peak at the Astute GT that I'm building.

Bad light in the pics but I thought I'd snap a couple of quick ones late at night in the shed.

AstuteGT161112001.jpg

AstuteGT161112002.jpg

Cheers Mate. I'm glad you like it.

I'll stick some wheels on it and get some shots in daylight as soon as I can. The Star & Flame marking stickers came about because I couldn't justify spending as much on original decals as what the whole car has cost me so far. Also there are no more quality replica decals available anywhere due to the "Great Tamiya Decal Scare of 2011" which still gets up my nose :angry:

Cheers Mate. I'm glad you like it.

I'll stick some wheels on it and get some shots in daylight as soon as I can. The Star & Flame marking stickers came about because I couldn't justify spending as much on original decals as what the whole car has cost me so far. Also there are no more quality replica decals available anywhere due to the "Great Tamiya Decal Scare of 2011" which still gets up my nose :angry:

I got thse same decals for a beach buggy project but they proved too big for what i needed - plus the body i was using was ca 1/14th and lots of awkward sharp creases.

I can see mine making it onto a Frog or similar

The big ones are way big aren't they. My scheme was based on the big ones until they were in my hand and then I had to change thought. They would look very USA on a big white monster truck.

I like the look of the Flare marking sticker too as they look a bit more vintage era but I suspect these are quite big as well.