Daves956

Any ideas for this? / A 6 wheeled crane build

I kinda figured this one would be too dull to keep as a runner...I was wrong.

over the last week I've pulled it all back apart to try and gain some clearance for all the servos. I've moved all 4 and redid pretty much all the linkages. I only needed 1/4 inch but it's kinda hard to find even that much under that cab. I managed to get it to fit and took it out to the local kids sandbox. Oh my was that a kick. Everything worked and it pushed sand and rocks and all sorts of debri around. It dug into some ice a couple times and just spun the rear tires with no damage. I also took the advice and managed to add 21 ounces of weight to the front end.

No video since the camera crew is on strike for warmer weather but this still is pretty good and the tracks tell a story too. That was fun, cold but fun. It's currently 7 degrees outside.

DSCN0062.jpg

I kinda figured this one would be too dull to keep as a runner...I was wrong.

over the last week I've pulled it all back apart to try and gain some clearance for all the servos. I've moved all 4 and redid pretty much all the linkages. I only needed 1/4 inch but it's kinda hard to find even that much under that cab. I managed to get it to fit and took it out to the local kids sandbox. Oh my was that a kick. Everything worked and it pushed sand and rocks and all sorts of debri around. It dug into some ice a couple times and just spun the rear tires with no damage. I also took the advice and managed to add 21 ounces of weight to the front end.

No video since the camera crew is on strike for warmer weather but this still is pretty good and the tracks tell a story too. That was fun, cold but fun. It's currently 7 degrees outside.

DSCN0062.jpg

you've made a great job of this Dave . How about adding some lights and a flashing beacon to the cab roof ?

I've got a little room left right behind the ESC that isn't overful yet but the battery connector takes up some of it. Everything that moves has between 2 and 5mm clearance and the stationary stuff is up against the cab walls. I don't think anything else will fit on the inside. If I did add lights or something, it would all have to be on the outside.

DSCN0063.jpg