Skottoman

Skottoman's VW Samba Project

Another idea for your consideration - a tank smoke unit. I don't know how feasible it would be or how much smoke the units actually produce but seeing this driving along with smoke belching from the exhaust would be too cool.

Smoke from the exhaust? Haven't you seen Cheech and Chong? :lol: I bet there'd be more smoke coming from the windows than the exhaust based on the condition of the VW (money spent on more 'important' things) and the decals stuck all over it.

One decal that is missing that I see on every van like this is the "Gas, _____ or ___ - Nobody rides for free" sticker.

Great job so far mate. In the right setting this will be hard to distinguish between a real vehicle and a model.

• Like 2

I guess this one "takes the cake" as far as your builds go, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I check this thread after being away working for a couple weeks........blown away without doubt

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I still have more work to do though...

Exhaust, ragtop, extra stickers, tire weathering, paint some parts on the chassis flat black, more scale junk, maybe a driver (Debating this one as I think it poses more realistically without), bungees for surfboard, etc. So the build will go on!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Thanks guys, I still have more work to do though...

Exhaust, ragtop, extra stickers, tire weathering, paint some parts on the chassis flat black, more scale junk, maybe a driver (Debating this one as I think it poses more realistically without), bungees for surfboard, etc. So the build will go on!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Scott the smoke unit is a great idea too - heng long tank ones are cheap and should be a fairly job to fit . Might even go in the existing 'engine' space ?/?
  • Like 1

Built exhaust (functions with airflow if I want to add a smoke unit later) and ragtop.

The ragtop material is from my BBQ cover that's been sitting out in the sun for years. Pre-weathered so to speak. Hah...

samba_141.jpg

samba_142.jpg

samba_143.jpg

samba_144.jpg

• Like 1

one word describes this build! SICK! WOW man it keeps getting better and better!

• Like 1

Loving all the detail in this build, especially the exhaust. I see the vw's changed hands again (3 times in this thread!!!).

Keep up the good work, you inspire all of us!.

Colin

• Like 1

Haven't checked this thread for about a week. Suddenly it has innards. Wow, you work fast. Looks great!

• Like 1

OMG!!! This is absolutely AMAZING! I want this van so badly its hurts!

You've also guided me with the roof rack, I have been struggling to make one for weeks, yours is so simple, so I am going to nick that too (hope you don't mind!)

I may have to 'borrow' the exhaust too.....too much detail! ARRGGHHH!!!

• Like 1

I want one of those - 1:1 and drive it coast to coast!. Loving this build - so full of awesomeness.

• Like 1

I'm calling this project 95% done for now... I'm going to be busy with holiday stuff for a while and have done almost everything I wanted to do on it.

I can always add more stuff later because I am always thinking of new things to add!

Until I can get down to the beach and get some good photos, I'll leave you with this one outdoor photo in the sunlight.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm with my build! It helps a lot! :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

samba_153.jpg

• Like 11

It was fun watching it all unfold, and it gave me a lot of ideas about new (to me) modeling techniques to try in the future... Thanks for sharing!

-Paul

• Like 3

Very Nice indeed.... so I need to send my FJ40 to you for a make over then :D

• Like 1

Scott this one is a real credit to you . The amount of skill , inventiveness , talent , imagination and time that has gone into this is quite simpy amazing . Best scale camper i have ever seen .

• Like 1

Thanks guys, what it really deserves is some excellent photos at the beach, and I just can't get down there (or think of a good spot close by) to do it before all the holiday stuff happens...

But I promise it will make it into my showroom at some point! :)

Cheers,

Skottomah

Fabulous job Scott! You are a top notch hobbyist, my hats off to you for creativity.

I've been restoring my 1:1 1969 Alfa GTV.. I wont ask for our advice for fears that you will help me in restoring it with 42 years of rust. lol.

• Like 1

Hi Skitto, another outstanding build, has kept me going through a low rc point, really gets the creative juices flowing again, thanks for sharing the build

• Like 1

I so love this project. The finished pic looks so real, I bet you could post it on a VW site and pass it off as a real car ;). Can't wait to see beach pics!

• Like 1

Well I finally got down to the beach on a crisp morning for the sunrise. Believe it or not, this thing is actually quite fun to drive on the packed sand!

The official "photos" are now complete! Enjoy!

Cheers,

Skottoman

samba_154.jpg

samba_155.jpg

samba_156.jpg

• Like 6