Sign in to follow this  
charlie787b

calling all RM01 chassis owners

If you have one of these chassis could you be a hero and let me know the measurements for outside wheel to wheel on the rear axle and the measurement between the bearings?

I have a road wizard project with no diff and i'm wondering if the rear axle and ball diff from the RM would fit straight in.

Fanks

:)

The RM does fit but you need the whole thing, motor case and all. F102 or F103 works too. 160mm total, 60 and 28mm from bearing out, roughly.

Cheer's Dave :) ,I remember you saying to me a while back the f102 will fit but looks a bit wide to me,i'm affraid to take the plunge.

Ive noticed some axle/diff parts from the older RM-01 are the same as the wizard so thought that would be the way forward,also the newer RM-01 seems to have a ball diff and might make a perfect upgrade and solve my missing diff issue :)

Mr Gripper,I understand the new 787b tamiya are about to release uses the RM-01 chassis,it looks great and i'm going to try and get one :wub:

:)

I think whats been throwing me is the f102 onwards axle and diff setup looks exactly like my 787b rear end,and thats a tad wider.

This isn't the first time I've thought about this for my 956s. The wizard is identical so here is the full parts list to go ball diff in those.

50804 motor case 8.00

53248 wheel spacers 8.00

54127 axle and spacer 18.00

54082 diff housings 17.00

53104 spur gear set 9.00

51347 ball diff set 3.50

51346 thrust bearing set 7.00

The prices are rough and in US dollars. This doesn't include 3 8x12x3.5 bearings (Tamiya #53066) tires, wheels or pinion and motor. The options were too many and up to the owner. These prices are for the pretty blue stuff so there could be lower prices for plain. I'm thinking stocking stuffers myself. :D