Richard001

Futaba 6ex 2.4ghz reciever question

Hi all

I have a Futaba 6ex 2.4ghz transmitter and reciever for my 1:14 Scania, I am now thinking of taking on my second 1:14 build my question is if I buy a Futaba reciever do I need to program the reciever to the transmitter or is it just a case of wire it up turn it on and it will work?

Thanks

Richard

Not quite - you will have to bind/link the new receiver with your transmitter (if you bought a transmitter-receiver combo for your first truck they come already linked together from the factory). It looks like the procedure for the 6EX is turn the transmitter on, then turn the receiver on and press the 'Set ID' button for 1 second. The receiver's LED should turn green when it's linked to the transmitter (it's on page 9 of the manual).

As fastfordrc has already stated, you have to bind the receiver to the transmitter.

FYI, I've been using OrangeRX receivers with my 6EX transmitters as a cheap alternative to the Futaba receiver.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14300__OrangeRx_Futaba_FASST_Compatible_8Ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver.html

Not sure if I would trust the things in a helicopter or plane but for ground use, where the toy is never really that far away, it works for me.