Sign in to follow this  
NYC RISING

Tamiya F103 Chassis Question and Help Tamiya F1

Hey guys I was hoping someone with some F1 / F103 expertise might be able to help me out here. I'm trying to rebuild my Sauber C12 F103 chassis car and I'm having trouble with the last piece which is the shock ./ dampner in the rear of the car. I'm missing some pieces and I can't figure out which parts bag they are in. Can anyone help me out here? I've attached some pics. I have the friction plate and the shock itself. I am missing the metal pole that goes trough the friction plate and the necessary bolts and washers. see pics. Thanks for the help!

img1702qk.jpg

img1700f.jpg

img1699fg.jpg

I don't know which bag the parts originally came in but it should look like this picture when assembled. I see some of the pieces in your pictures but the lower piece that mounts to the motor case with the upright for the shock doesn't seem to be there. Hope this helps

IMG_1534.jpg

Pole and some other bits are in the F103 damper bag #9405929.

Screw bag C (#9465467) for what else you need, I think...

But you could double check here :

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp

But what parts bag do you have there? Not from an original F103, right?

First ones had a slightly different setup...

thanks guys yea that parts bag was a zen racing shock upgrade i think for the f103-f103 gt. I'm missing the pole that goes through the middle along with the various washers and pins. Going to take a look at the parts numbers dutch listed. I'll let you know what I find out. Much appreciated!

If you don't mind fitting later parts, I wouldn't go for the original number listings. ;)

Early friction dampers are more of a prototype - and a bit limited.

The tension is not adjustable so rather than a ring, a clip is used to keep it all in place.

Best go for #9805525 then... :)