-=Jeff=-

Wild Willy 2 Wheel questions

What size are they?

Also do both front and rear have hex? curious on the ones from the WR-02 chassis..

Reason I ask is I saw this in the showroom:

http://www.tamiyaclu...52100&sid=14438

and I think the wheels fit it just right.. Now I know this is in a High lift Chassis which I would love to do, but I would really like to try the wheels on my Blackfoot chassis with the Clod body, although I think I will still need to bring the wheels in a bit to make it look a bit better then the current form

As far as i know its rear 2wd chassis . So you would need 2 sets of the rears in order to have hex drive on all the wheels .

ahh only the ww1 had the bearings in the front rims .. the ww2 has 12mm hex drives front and rear . i put a set of '' land rover'' type wheels on my ww2 .. either that or i got a '' special '' willy 2 ! ..lol

willyandwally006.jpg

• Like 1

ahh only the ww1 had the bearings in the front rims .. the ww2 has 12mm hex drives front and rear . i put a set of '' land rover'' type wheels on my ww2 .. either that or i got a '' special '' willy 2 ! ..lol

willyandwally006.jpg

That looks rather excellent . the wheels really suit it and the 50cal is a nice touch .

Agreed, that's a great looking Willy!

But I disagree about the wheels. The rears have 12mm hexes, the fronts take two 1150 bearings each.

My almost stock WW2 defo has 12mm hexes in the rear and bearings in the front. Built from new so that's how Tamiya sold them circa 2000ish.

I wonder if it could be possible to use WR-01 (Wild Dagger) / WT-01 (Blackfoot Xtreme) front uprights with hexes on the WR-02 Wild Willy 2? As the WT-01 is a 2WD monster truck chassis anyway.

Agreed, that's a great looking Willy!

But I disagree about the wheels. The rears have 12mm hexes, the fronts take two 1150 bearings each.

oops , yup my blue ! too hot here today and not enough beer .. i took the extended axle out and put a tl01 hub in with mini axles i think .. to get a hex drive for the fronts ..

Could anyone post the overall diamter of the WW2 wheel and tire combination? Thanks

They are about 115mm diameter but too wide and soft.

Also if you use it with stock dagger arms the wheels will look too small and the truck too wide.

On the other hand, if you use it with TL01 arms it will look quite too narrow, as the dagger chassis is too long...

<p>Your pictures are not showing up..

Looking at this picture.. I feel the wheels are a bit on the big side.. if I trim some of the fender in front I can drop the body down a bit though. I honestly think a wide 1.9 might look good..

2012-12-12_19-24-09_563.jpg

2012-12-12_19-24-19_978.jpg

2012-12-12_19-17-40_968.jpg

WW2 wheels on my Blackfoot.. I think they look a bit better.. if I trim the rear of the front fenders I can drop the body further otherwise the tire will rub if the suspension is fully compressed in a tight turn

2013-01-03_16-47-53_572.jpg

2013-01-03_16-47-01_280.jpg

willyandwally006.jpg

Looking at this picture.. I feel the wheels are a bit on the big side.. if I trim some of the fender in front I can drop the body down a bit though. I honestly think a wide 1.9 might look good..

2012-12-12_19-17-40_968.jpg

Excellent looking models! What is the driver on that Willy, and whatever happened to that nice looking chevrolet?

I still have the chevy, but with my work and kids schedules it just sits