So, my chosen winter project is the Twin detonator, thanks to some great advice and information from you guys on this forum. Again, thank you.

So I decided to paint it a Tamiya racing green, sanded the chrome bits and painted them bronze, along with the wheels. I had some side view mirrors laying around and mounted them. I modified the roof light buckets to fit some white LED's and covered them up with some lenses from an Integy lighting kit.

Rigged up 2 Venom 8.4 batteries to a Traxxas waterproof dual motor/battery esc, powering 2 Traxxas 550 12T motors, and steered by a Traxxas water proof high torque servo. And it's fully ball raced, including the gear boxes.

All of the aluminum control arms and hubs are awaiting installation, just waiting on the shocks to come in. Tires and wheels are next, and would love to see some pics/ideas..

Also would love to find out who makes a dual battery chassis for it. Maybe someone here could help ;)

Anyway, enough chat..here's the pics..

IMG_4036-2.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4104-1.jpg

IMG_4112-1.jpg

Some more pics..

IMG_4346-1.jpg

IMG_4343-1.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4334-1.jpg

IMG_4410-1.jpg

IMG_4413-1.jpg

IMG_4414-1.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and opinions are welcomed!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look :)

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff! Definitely appreciate the help. I took some video today, I'll see if I get it on YouTube tonight. It's blistering fast.

sure that will work out with those 12T titans? one of them will be running in reverse and when they both have advanced timing U might have effeciency problems. edit: this is what traxxas says not that you burn them motors or fry the ESC.

Looks like I over looked that one, thanks for the heads up. But I gotta say, it is very fast right now. Just need to see if I can have the front motor brake less. It tends to "endo"

Like the bronze color (kind of like Wynn's Bronze) used fo the roll cage, mirrors and wheels. It would be cool if you had light buckets for the front main head lights and for the rear. To retro fit would mean you will have to scrap the paint off :(

Thanks max..I have a set of G-Made piggyback 103mm's in transit. Once they're here, the aluminum bits go in. Also trying to fabricate something to keep the batteries more stable.

Longer oil shocks will make the difference. I also suggest other softer tires like Pro Line Masher 2000 for example. They are excellent, I use them on my Wild Dagger and they make the difference. The car has more grip, suspensions work better and the car is more stable. And at the end a hi torque servo (6.5 kg) with Ofna Nitro servo saver is a great enhancement for this car.

Max

Any hi torque servos you suggest Max? I went with the Traxxas hi torque because it's waterproof.

I have made great experience with the Savöx SC-0254MG.

Is that one waterproof, Greg?

I don't know if the Savöx SC-0254MG is waterproof (it isn't advertised as being so), so I assume it isn't. Sorry about that, I didn't fully read your question at the first time.

Thats a badaz$ Det. neverfollow. After owning a Dualhunter for 2 years there is a few thing i've learned that i can pass on to you. First- that thing is fast, upgrading the shocks will make it handle better but increased travel results in broken/bent dogbones. Second- you will notice the servo works it's way loose, the servo mounts are weak and need upgrading, that traxxas servo will not last in that truck, with the big tires and long suspension arms it will break a plastic geared servo. I have a cheap Bluebird metal gear ht servo in mine and it works fine. I can recommend the hitec646 w/p servo as I run one in my scaler. Third- these are great trucks, and are very robust- my 5 year old beats the **** out of mine and it's holding up(some breakages but nothing major) Nice looking truck.

Excellent info dualdigger, thank you. I completed the suspension upgrades over the weekend, and made some aluminum battery holders, so I don't have to bungee the two batteries together. I used aluminum control arms, aluminum raised shock mounts, TL-01 hubs front and rear (thank you Max), and G Made 103mm piggy back shocks. The maiden run with the new suspension bent the front axles since they were on the verge of falling out with the suspension higher. I ordered a pair of swivel shaft axles for it, so for now, the car is down. I will definitely change the servo once it breaks to the hitec waterproof one. I had no idea the Traxxas one was plastic geared. Maybe that's why there were so many on eBay, lol.

Here's some recent pics of when I installed the G-Made 103mm piggy back shocks, and the aluminum suspension bits..

a_zps65650ab9.jpg

b_zps7e9cb4bd.jpg

c_zps5e5c3034.jpg

d_zps1d4b2805.jpg

e_zps187d3fb5.jpg

f_zps8386d510.jpg

g_zps3b5adb88.jpg

IMG_4507_zpsedb3c731.jpg

IMG_4509_zps5af88897.jpg

IMG_4508_zpse695c085.jpg

IMG_4512_zpse9af5efb.jpg

IMG_4514_zps71b755a9.jpg

also installed the Wild Dagger swing axles and then had a little bit of fun in yesterday's snow...

IMG_5054_zps3e9e623b.jpg

IMG_5058_zpsf8e70db2.jpg

What pinion are u running the original aluminium tamiya? and the wheelhexes are the plastic ones?

if yes swap the pinion for a steel one and get some aluminium hexes, would make a great addition to all that nice bling. ;)

Nice truck! Love it!

Have a Wild Dagger in the post which is standard so expect a few threads off me to pop up very soon lol